Time to call the BATF. Got Rolaids?

This is a discussion on Time to call the BATF. Got Rolaids? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Okay, Itís time to get an FFL for curios and relics. I inherited a pair of pistols on the list the BATF has on their ...

Thread: Time to call the BATF. Got Rolaids?

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar

Time to call the BATF. Got Rolaids?

Okay, Itís time to get an FFL for curios and relics. I inherited a pair of pistols on the list the BATF has on their web-site. The permit is a lot cheaper than the regular one but has a lot of limitations. Thatís all fine. Iím not looking to go full auto right now anyway.

I canít download the application, have to send off for it. Any one here done this before. Any advise about the process and maybe any thing I should or should not do, say or otherwise be aware of. The guns have been properly registered and I have the paperwork from the original registration.

Any and all advise is very appreciated.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Mike - got all my C&R stuff before really giving much thought to getting one! Should have really!.

Only two things come to mind - first off as I recall a C&R licencee cannot buy to sell - so no dealer permissions - well not anyways until I guess a certain time frame has been matched or exceeded.

Other thing is IIRC, it will give you some Brownells discount.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by 4my son
    Okay, Itís time to get an FFL for curios and relics. I inherited a pair of pistols on the list the BATF has on their web-site. The permit is a lot cheaper than the regular one but has a lot of limitations. Thatís all fine. Iím not looking to go full auto right now anyway.

I canít download the application, have to send off for it. Any one here done this before. Any advise about the process and maybe any thing I should or should not do, say or otherwise be aware of. The guns have been properly registered and I have the paperwork from the original registration.

Any and all advise is very appreciated.
    Just call them and be patient. You'll be transferred twice or three times, and then tell them you'd like the Curio and Relics license application. I just went through it recently and it's really no big deal at all. It's far less trouble than my CCW permit. Total turnaround time was 2 months from phonecall to license in my mailbox.

I got it for the heck of it, still need to send off copies of it to Midway/Brownell's.

I may yet get a Yugo SKS or some other fun items with it sent to my door just because I can.

Got a phone number? My printer's fried as well. I'd be interested in a nice Mak or P-38 but other than that I'm mainly interested in the discounts.
    Jack

Finally got around to calling for an application today. I swear I talked to Katherine Hepburn! She interrupted me about 5 times to ask for my name and address - as I was giving her my name and address! I wonder where they dug her up?

Anyway, paperwork should be here soon and I'll get it mailed in ASAP. Still want that Makarov!
    Jack

Links