Taking Pictures of Guns in Action

This is a discussion on Taking Pictures of Guns in Action within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Can't agree with you Jay. Looks dangerous and sounds dangerous. Did you learn this mentality in the military? Best of luck, but I think you ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Taking Pictures of Guns in Action

Can't agree with you Jay. Looks dangerous and sounds dangerous. Did you learn this mentality in the military?

Best of luck, but I think you are making a costly mistake with yours and others safety.

Truely wish you well.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

2. Remove Ads

I am as deeply troubled by Jay's attempt to defend this asinine practice as by the practice itself. We can infer from his posts that this and similarly criminally negligent activities are common practice for his company. How many other ways does Jay and TacticalResponce needlessly risk human life?

Someone is going to get killed. And some poor shmoe just looking to learn how to defend himself, will end up with a lifetime of nightmares.

In addition to guns and ammo, the anti's want to ban gun ranges and training. Do we really need to feed their agenda?

If the people who run TacticalResponce insist on continuing these practices, then I think serious consideration should be given to trying to get these people shut down. I am not sure what department in Tennessee has jurisdiction over this, but it shouldn't be too difficult to find out. They may not require a so called tactical training license, but they still require business licenses, liability insurance, workers comp, etc. Not even to mention that as Jay appears to be an employee, OSHA might consider this a health and safety code violation.

"Gee, Mr. OSHA Man, we have people shoot at our employees all the time. Is that dangerous?"

Quote Originally Posted by jaygibson View Post
    I am the cameraman. I appreciate your concern for well being. I am also the Instructor, those people are following my directives.

Some of you guys talk a lot of crap. The rest of you dont even know what you dont know.
    Just goes to show you that there are very stupid people out there who teach other people how to be just as stupid.
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

VIP Member
    One thing: If they don't care about their own safety, I am not sure they would care about mine as a student in their classes.

With that being said, I would like to thank Mr. Gibson and Mr. Yaeger for reaffirming and validating my desire to become a firearms instructor. Many instructor are current or former police and/or military and such have their minds firmly based in knowledge and tactics that are not based in the reality the civilians must face. I am not deriding the mindset, just saying that it may not be the proper one for your average Joe and Jane. And unfortunately there are instructors that feel "civilian" is a bad word or somebody belonging to a sub-species that deserve little or no respect other than the cash they fork over for training.

And let's face it, the video is just an ego trip, a "Look How Cool I Am" ride in stroking self esteem. If the idea was to teach your students to shoot in a stressful scenario, the same could have been accomplished by stapling a no-shoot cardboard target across the Shoot Target and really teaching your students to consider every shot as the most important one they will ever take in their lives. Prepare their Mindset into that scenario. And if you want to make it really hard, make the targets to move, jink, twist and turn. The lucky ones may actually learn that the best shot of their lives are the one that they did not take.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Miggy

Good on you, good luck with that. I did not put up the video, someone here went and found it.
    Fenris stop worrying about OSHA and anti's, do what YOU need to do.
    Omega2669, RemMod597, bmcgilvray stay home and polish your bullets some more.

You are clinging on to reasons to fail.

Jay

"Actually, he is."

All that is in the past. Who can define what a spec-ops "type" really is? Jay is an instructor for Tactical Response these days.

Quote Originally Posted by IVron View Post

Dear. Lord. What The Fraggle are they thinking? (Yeah, I know they aren't.)

There need to be some serious charges of Reckless Endangerment, or something going on here.

This is a job for a $25 webcam, not a human.
    Guns don't kill people.
    Gaping wounds in vital organs do.
    ============
    NRA Life Member
    Colt M1911A1 / H&K USP45

Puh-Leez..

If you are worried about guns pointed at me, I have had more guns pointed at me at gun stores than overseas.
    Usually followed by " Its ok, it aint loaded."
    The guy who put up the video did not mean any harm. It is regrettable that some have seen a small snippet of what we do and began to pile on. I think it is too their detriment.
    Hope this helps.
    Jay
    Let me guess, you also offer a Walter Mitty moment from "The Final Option", where your students burst through the door, and engage paper targets while you sit calmly in the middle of the room? Yeah, the SAS might actually do that, but I doubt it, and it's only a matter of time before you get that one student named "Twitch"...

Masturbatory exercises to show what a badass you are only serve to reinforce bad gun-handling techniques. I've done some strange exercises in my time, but live people downrange, just for the smell of the testosterone, no way.
    Guns don't kill people.
    Gaping wounds in vital organs do.
    ============
    NRA Life Member
    Colt M1911A1 / H&K USP45

Miggy

Good on you, good luck with that. I did not put up the video, someone here went and found it.
    Fenris stop worrying about OSHA and anti's, do what YOU need to do.
    Omega2669, RemMod597, bmcgilvray stay home and polish your bullets some more.

You are clinging on to reasons to fail.

Jay
    Jay, your arrogance is seriously clouding your judgement. Perhaps you need to return to a hot combat zone to burn off the excess ego. You are a loose cannon. The type I made sure never went on a mission with me.

"You are clinging on to reasons to fail."

As you say, Jay.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    How many ways can you say, MORONS!!
    NRA Life Member

BTW this is _NOT_ how you run a shooting line amongst a large group of instructee shooters...outside of military circles.
    Most there are; the other are being trained to that standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    A question no member here should be asking nor any person who has taken even a basic firearms course of _any_ sort should wonder.
    Key word. This isn't supposed to be "basic". And, no, none of the rules were violated.

Just food for tought: if one isn't comfortable with proximity and shoot/no shoot, what would one do when faced with violence and immenent death in a WalMart parking lot? "Square ranges" don't exist...outside of square ranges.

Evaluate the arguments, they boil down to: "I don't/wouldn't feel comfortable doing that! They shouldn't either...!" Sounds like what some people say about owning firearms...

1943 - 2009
    This thread has become too contentious. Several members have been very close to violating rule #2, so before somebody really goes off the deep end, this thread is

Thanks to all who participated.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links