Stupidest stuff you've seen in a gun store... - Page 2

Stupidest stuff you've seen in a gun store...

This is a discussion on Stupidest stuff you've seen in a gun store... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Bunny Woah, I was going to say "a pink derringer" at first, but never mind, that's not quite what you meant! I ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stupidest stuff you've seen in a gun store...

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Woah, I was going to say "a pink derringer" at first, but never mind, that's not quite what you meant!
    I would have said Pink Grips on a 1911 not too long back, but Limatunes corrected that with pics of her 1911. JD got her a really nice looking set of pink grips from somwhere.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
    I was looking at a Hi-Power at the local Gander Mountain. It looked like it had been there for a while so I asked if I could field strip it and look at the insides. I was told that it could only be disassembled by the gunsmith that was on-duty and he would be returning shortly.
    At one time I was in a gun store that most people around here consider to be pretty reputable. They were selling a G19 in the 'used' display case. When I asked to see it field stripped to see how much wear it had and if everything looked in order, the clerk responded that 'Glocks never break' so they wouldn't show me. Now, Glocks sure are reliable but should they really expect someone to buy a gun after being denied a look inside? I'm no expert, but I walked away from that one pretty quickly.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

How about dangerous and ignorant? This is one my dad told me. He had been an archer for about thirty years when this happened. He went to a sporting goods store to look at some bows, and there was one (a Hoyt I think) that a young salesman claimed would launch an arrow at over 400 FPS. Dad asked him if he could prove it, and the guy offered to shoot it through a speed tracking device they had on the premises for this purpose.

The salesman proceeded to knock an arrow that had NO FLETCHING ON IT! Given dad's level of experience, he had a pretty good idea of how this would play out. He warned that the arrow would go flying off wildly in a random direction. Dad strongly advised the salesman to *not* do this, but the salesman insisted that no harm would come of it. Having failed to dissuade the salesman from this course of action, dad backed off to observe from a position of cover. As predicted, the arrow went flying off course. It ended up hitting and obliterating the radar gun. Ah yes, good times at the sporting goods store.
    Yes, the world has gotten smaller, but it will always be too big to be ruled by unelected bureaucrats.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    I worked for a Police supply & gun store in the early '70's and one day the owner was evaluating a S&W revolver for trade in. He took it from the owner, opened the cyl and dumped the cartridges in his hand without pushing the ejector rod. He then proceeded to check the trigger pull...1,2,3,4,5, BANG.

nice trigger pull, .38 cal hole in the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arverni View Post
    How about dangerous and ignorant? This is one my dad told me. He had been an archer for about thirty years when this happened. He went to a sporting goods store to look at some bows, and there was one (a Hoyt I think) that a young salesman claimed would launch an arrow at over 400 FPS. Dad asked him if he could prove it, and the guy offered to shoot it through a speed tracking device they had on the premises for this purpose.

The salesman proceeded to knock an arrow that had NO FLETCHING ON IT! Given dad's level of experience, he had a pretty good idea of how this would play out. He warned that the arrow would go flying off wildly in a random direction. Dad strongly advised the salesman to *not* do this, but the salesman insisted that no harm would come of it. Having failed to dissuade the salesman from this course of action, dad backed off to observe from a position of cover. As predicted, the arrow went flying off course. It ended up hitting and obliterating the radar gun. Ah yes, good times at the sporting goods store.
    The fletching would of slowed the arrow down.

Michael

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.

What?

Quote Originally Posted by The Arverni View Post
    The salesman proceeded to knock an arrow that had NO FLETCHING ON IT! Given dad's level of experience, he had a pretty good idea of how this would play out. He warned that the arrow would go flying off wildly in a random direction.
    The cause of this is not the lack of fletching it is a poorly tuned bow. With proper arrow spine, shaft weight, nock point and rest alignment an arrow will fly reasonably straight without any fletching.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

At the local gun store a man and woman were at the gun counter. Salesman hands a glock to the woman with the slide locked back. She tries her best to release the slide with her finger on the trigger and pointing it at her significant other while the salesman looks on without saying a word. After a full 2 minutes of this I walk by and say "take out the magazine". I keep on walking as she says "really is that the problem?".

A leo at his party showing another Leo his new gun which was supposed to be empty. The gun went off hitting the other LEO. Alcohol was involved.

The price of .45 ACP

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Guy was checking out a new holster, the clerk said he could put his 1911 in the holster but required a chamber check first. The guy ejected the magazine and removed the chambered round, no problem. He checked out the holster and handed it back to the clerk. Then he went about reloading his 1911, chambered a round and then decocked it. I backed up when I saw him start to decock his gun. Too much of a chance of a round going off decocking a 1911. Cocked and locked with the saftey on is the way to carry a 1911.

I'm at a gun store in a bad area and they are real busy. I ask to see a gun and the clerk takes the gun out of the case and lays it on the counter and walks away to wait on two other customers and never looks back.The gun shop is in a small shop in a strip mall. This is a recipe for a stolen gun or a shooting like the ones in shoot straight.

The look on a salesman face when he opened a gun to show it to someone, and a bullet went flying out.

How his Glock has shot over a half of a million rounds and has never had anything replaced and will kick any Sig.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    A leo at his party showing another Leo his new gun which was supposed to be empty. The gun went off hitting the other LEO. Alcohol was involved.
    So technically this qualifies as an AD, right? Alcohol-induced Discharge?
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; June 17th, 2009 at 01:17 AM. Reason: See post #30.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    The subject of this thread is stupid things you've seen in a gun store.

Do try to stay on topic...

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links