Stupidest stuff you've seen in a gun store...

This is a discussion on Stupidest stuff you've seen in a gun store... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...the new guy behind the counter who spent most of our interaction trying to convince me to call his boss and say good things about ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Stupidest stuff you've seen in a gun store...

...the new guy behind the counter who spent most of our interaction trying to convince me to call his boss and say good things about him.

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen him for a long time. I don't think he works there any longer.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    ...the tool at a well known shop who tried to steer me away from a CZ75 because it was "too new, and probably isn't proven reliable yet"

After I pointed out the original 75 (what I was looking to buy) was in fact designed in the 70's and is issued to police and military worldwide he gave me an incredulous look and said he believed I was thinking of another gun.

I left, bought the gun elsewhere, and sent the manager a letter with a copy of my sales receipt from his competitor.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by nkanofolives View Post
    THIS!!! 1000% THIS!!!

\rant on

Heck, I will even call out the store that I hate! Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly VA...worst bunch of arrogant jerks! I refuse to ever step foot in there again.

Ahh-hem...Your job is sales...right? Yeah, alright, just want to make sure we are on the same page here...There are going to be times that you hear the same 10 questions and have to give the same 10 answers day in and day out...but remember, every customer is new! An opportunity to educate, share your knowledge, your passion...heck maybe even get a nice little commission out of this exchange...

Oh, wait...I get it...guns are a "mans thing" (like knowledge of automobiles right?) so I as a man, not knowing what you know about guns makes you somehow superior to me!!! I get it now! That's right, assert your vast weapons knowledge over me....please gun salesmen, let me bow to you, I am not worthy to be in your presence or even gaise upon your bounty of overpriced guns and ammo...forgive me my lord!!!!

\rant off

In all seriousness, I do not get the arrogance factor that comes with a vast majority of gun salesmen. I just don't get it.

I wish I could add something to that, but I swear it's perfect.

I agree with the sales person thing. For some reason some of them think that if you ask to handle more than one handgun you're fooling with them. It's like, pick one already and get the heck out of my space. A few of these people ought to try the food service industry to get an idea of what repetitive requests can be like.

I've had the unfortunate luck to witness three acts of pure idiocy.

First, was when I was at (when it was there) Sports Shooters, in Madisonville, KY. This was a gun shop, with a great indoor range. It's sad to say that they closed down a few years back, as it was a great range. That said, I'm there one day, shooting my Smith & Wesson Model 29, when two teens show up, shooting an airgun. One walks up to me, pants half off of his *****, and asks me, "yo, mah, can I see yo gat?" I left it at, "uh, no, you're not of legal age to own one of these, and are probably not prepared for the recoil". He didn't believe me, so I said, "ok, I'll demonstrate this gun". I fired one round, and he jumped in shock. He changed his mind about shooting that gun.

Second was at Whittaker's Guns, in Owensboro, KY. Here, there were two boys, must've just turned 21, asking to look at a Desert Eagle. After being handed the pistol, the boy doesn't even check it. He just holds it sideways at his friend's face and says, "man, this'll be just like the Matrix!" I don't know what became of him, but if there's any justice in the world, chemical castration would've helped rid the world of any future rashes from that gene pool.

Finally, which doesn't even require comment, was seeing someone want to buy the "ceramic Glock 7".
    Newest Purchase: Glock 17 Gen4

Speaking of stupid and Desert Eagles. At one of our local gun shops a young clerk was seriously telling a customer that the Isreali military carry .44 mag Desert Eagles as their normal weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    Some kid coming into a store and asking the clerk whats a good 45mm...

Both the clerk and I looked at each other and tried out best not to
    45 millimeters = 1.77165354 inches
    That is one hell of a handgun!!!! The ammo must be about $4.00 a round, and the medical bills must be outrageous!

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    ...the tool at a well known shop who tried to steer me away from a CZ75 because it was "too new, and probably isn't proven reliable yet"

After I pointed out the original 75 (what I was looking to buy) was in fact designed in the 70's and is issued to police and military worldwide he gave me an incredulous look and said he believed I was thinking of another gun.

I left, bought the gun elsewhere, and sent the manager a letter with a copy of my sales receipt from his competitor.

That is an awesome way of handling it!!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links