I'm steamed...

This is a discussion on I'm steamed... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My wife just called, she took the kids to the doctor for their checkups. Apparently, my 5 year old told the nurse that he had ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm steamed...

Administrator

I'm steamed...

My wife just called, she took the kids to the doctor for their checkups. Apparently, my 5 year old told the nurse that he had his own rifle. The nurse leaves the room, and comes back with a few other commie mouth breathing wastes of life to give my wife the full ration of feces. Man, do I wish I was there.

So she calls me, my 5 year old now thinks he has done something wrong and the Doc's office wants a home visit. I just got off the phone with the head doc, I told him that if his yellow bellied arse comes near my child or home, a certain left part of my anatomy needs a licking. Part of me wanted to go ahead and invite him, and show him the rifles my kids don't even know they have yet. But that probably would have put me on some commie watch list. I don't need to be on anymore of those.

She's going to be ticked when she finds out I talked to the doc. I guess I need to find the kids a new doctor. Anybody got a spare room?
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to Ga my Friend !!!
    Dont let them get to you and yes get a new Doctor!!!!!
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

The exact same thing happened to my wife earlier this year; in fact, on WOAI there was a news story running about University Hospital physicians being directed to ask child patients in the hospital about whether or not their parents had guns in the home.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Poor kid! I hate that something that is a RIGHT is treated like a crime! I would be HOT too, and I would for sure be changing doctors. It actually reminds me of one of the GOA emails recently on the health care reform, and how info like this would be collected by drs, put in the database, and used against us possibly. Doesn't seem so far fetched when now you actually had something like this happen.

I absolutely would have told him where he could go with the home visit crapola too. Wow, how intrusive and talk about making assumptions!
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I would be angry. find a new doctor.

Administrator
    What ticks me off most is they all know what I do for a living there. They know there are guns in the house. My boy was just talking to the lady and mentioned that I just gave him a rifle. I did just give it to him last week, so its fresh on his mind.
    Anyway, they made it seem like that was a horrible thing. I'm OK with them giving a safety talk, making sure its locked up blah blah blah, but keep your opinions out of it. Let the kid be proud of his rifle. Now, he thinkks he should be sitting on is backside watching some brainwashing cartoon all day instead of playing outside or learning a valuable life long skill with dad.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    The exact same thing happened to my wife earlier this year; in fact, on WOAI there was a news story running about University Hospital physicians being directed to ask child patients in the hospital about whether or not their parents had guns in the home.
    How is that pertinent information to their treatment? Sixto, that is terrible...get a new doc QUICK.

I've got a spare room...but i'm all the way in Denver!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

hey edr9x23super

we live in Texas, of course there are guns in the house!!
    dah

Definitely get a new doctor, then let your old doctor know that he lost your business because of his office's anti-gun views. Good luck explaining to the wife!

-Plop
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

So they want to give you gun advice?

How about you give them medical advice, like where to stick their heads?

The gall of some people.

SIXTO you are a better person then me, I would have been at the doc's office giving them holy hell!!!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    So they want to give you gun advice?

How about you give them medical advice, like where to stick their heads?
    I did.
    "Just blame Sixto"

That doctor has no DAMN business interfering with your personal family affairs, especially when it comes to freedoms like the 2nd amendment. Now, me being from NY, I would have called the Doc and said, "Mind your damn business. Do I ask you how many nurses you are doing?" Then I would have said "Have A Nice Day, eh!"

They want a home visit? Are you freaking kidding me? Please tell me you are joking!

OK, I'm over the initial shock from the morons in that office. We have all the spare room you need in Texas, and Dallas is short on officers so I'm sure they would love your help.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    'They want a home visit'.....

I wish you lived here! I'd let them have their home visit.....at the same time we're out back SHOOTING!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links