Sccy CPX1

Sccy CPX1

This is a discussion on Sccy CPX1 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just bought one of these weapons, the Sccy CPX-1 9MM. I've seen dozens of negetive responses on them. WELL, I'm another one that sounds ...

Thread: Sccy CPX1

Thumbs down Sccy CPX1

I just bought one of these weapons, the Sccy CPX-1 9MM. I've seen dozens of negetive responses on them. WELL, I'm another one that sounds like a rerun. The first and only time out with it,the first shot jammed,we corrected that, 3-4 more rounds and again it jammed. I switched ammo with a friend shooting a Glock, still the same problem. THEN the trigger went soft like the safety was on, NOPE, Broken internally. We went through all the proceedures to no avail. This weapon fired less than 20 rounds and BROKE. I'm fortunate that I live in Florida and will be vacationing 20 minutes from the Factory. They were nice on the phone and said bring it in and a tech would repair it in 20 minutes. Either the the repair is easy or the tech has had much practice, as all the websites feedback suggest! I don't have that problem with my Ruger P89 using the same ammo, so I'm skepticle of this guns Quality & reliability!

What is the serial number? If it is 20k and below, those are the problem childs I understand. I had 1 lock up under 20 rounds and nothing since. I have about 600 rounds down the chamber now. No complaints, shoots perfect.

Hello, I was looking for a small gun for personal defense. well my choice was a .380 but they did not pack enough punch, The dealer showed me a SCCY CPX-1 9MM it was as small in the frame as a .380 but with 9MM Glaser Safety Slugs it will have the punch of a .44Mag.
    I purchased a shoulder holster for $20 and the 9MM fit perfect.
    Then my Wife and I took the gun to the range, we both were well satisfied with the gun, My wife shot a 4" group 10shots from 30 foot. close enough for home defense. I like the SCCY CPX-1 9MM it was a steal for $250.00 and I am taking my Two Sons to the range tomorrow, we will run a box or two through it.

Quote Originally Posted by cobraguy2 View Post
    I just bought one of these weapons, the Sccy CPX-1 9MM. I've seen dozens of negetive responses on them. WELL, I'm another one that sounds like a rerun. The first and only time out with it,the first shot jammed,we corrected that, 3-4 more rounds and again it jammed. I switched ammo with a friend shooting a Glock, still the same problem. THEN the trigger went soft like the safety was on, NOPE, Broken internally. We went through all the proceedures to no avail. This weapon fired less than 20 rounds and BROKE. I'm fortunate that I live in Florida and will be vacationing 20 minutes from the Factory. They were nice on the phone and said bring it in and a tech would repair it in 20 minutes. Either the the repair is easy or the tech has had much practice, as all the websites feedback suggest! I don't have that problem with my Ruger P89 using the same ammo, so I'm skepticle of this guns Quality & reliability!
    I bought one about two years ago. I have about 1000 rounds thru it. I have broken many parts on the gun. However, with the life time warrenty, they have replaced all the parts and the gun runs good for a little gun. It is not a range gun, not designed for that. I use 147gr hydro shocks in it. Let them fix it. Then take it back out. Im pretty sure youll be ok.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CockneyRebel View Post
    but with 9MM Glaser Safety Slugs it will have the punch of a .44Mag.
    I
    Incorrect.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

I got 2 NIB SCCY CPX-2. these are Generation 2's that ecently hit the market. Much improved over the first Gen. Better grip and trigger pull than the KelTec. I have had not problems with them. Perfect gun. Goes bang whenever I pull the trigger. Got the blued for $250 off GB then has a low bid for the SS one and I got it for $160 , what a deal.

I bought this gun about two years ago and it just never worked right. Apart from frequent stovepipes the safety would switch to the 'safe' position just from the recoil of the weapon. It occured almost every other or every third round. After many calls to the factory and even after they sent me a new safety that was supposed to correct it it never worked. As it was such an inexpensive gun I decided to cut my losses and ended up trading it.....took a loss but learned a good lesson. Cheep guns is cheep guns. From the sound of it they may have fixed some of their problems but don't seem to be a consistent line by any means.

these are Generation 2's Grips re-designed

Sounds like you have a smart freind

Haaaaa,Haaa,power of a 44 mag.,Haaaa,Haaaaa..........
    Hello, I was looking for a small gun for personal defense. well my choice was a .380 but they did not pack enough punch, The dealer showed me a SCCY CPX-1 9MM it was as small in the frame as a .380 but with 9MM Glaser Safety Slugs it will have the punch of a .44Mag.
    Then my Wife and I took the gun to the range, we both were well satisfied with the gun, My wife shot a 4" group 10shots from 30 foot. close enough for home defense. I like the SCCY CPX-1 9MM it was a steal for $250.00 and I am taking my Two Sons to the range tomorrow, we will run a box or two through it.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Though safety slugs are good at dumping energy quickly please don't over estimate it's "power". I have both 9x19 and .44 magnum. I can tell you that 9mm velocity will never match a .44 magnum round.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

320 TOTAL ROUNDS, worn receiver assembly pin hole, loc-tited frame pins that work out while shooting, flat mags don't want to stay in, recoil rod gouged up, Awesome customer service and lifetime warranty. Unfortunately, a life time warranty is not worth much if the bad guy has made you dead.

Just goes to show a couple hundred dollars more buys a LOT.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Quote Originally Posted by jaxgunslinge View Post
    320 TOTAL ROUNDS, worn receiver assembly pin hole, loc-tited frame pins that work out while shooting, flat mags don't want to stay in, recoil rod gouged up, Awesome customer service and lifetime warranty. Unfortunately, a life time warranty is not worth much if the bad guy has made you dead.
    You must have one of there first production guns, they have corrected the issues you are having. They will make it right...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Sponsored Links