Somebody missing their Glock in Seattle?

This is a discussion on Somebody missing their Glock in Seattle? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Looks like someone needs a better holster... 4th graders find loaded gun on Seattle beach | KOMO News - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somebody missing their Glock in Seattle?

Looks like someone needs a better holster...

4th graders find loaded gun on Seattle beach | KOMO News - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional

4th graders find loaded gun on Seattle beach
    SEATTLE - A group of 10-year-old students on a field trip made a dangerous discovery on a Seattle beach - a fully loaded handgun.

Two boys found the 9mm Glock pistol in the sand at Seattle's Carkeek Park - and picked it up to investigate.

Hours after the boys' discovery, shocked parents were relieved that none of the kids was hurt. And the kids themselves have quite a story to tell.

The two fourth-grade boys who found the gun told KOMO News that they were on their last field trip of the year with North Beach Elementary School when they walked down some stairs to the beach.

That's when they found the loaded gun, along the shoreline.

"I was just walking along the beach, and I saw a gun," says Vidal Glassman, who was the first to spot the weapon.

He picked it up out of curiosity.

"I picked it up, thinking it was a toy gun," he says. "No, it was really heavy so I put it down."

Then he then called his friend Josh, who walked on over to have a look. Josh pulled out the magazine, and that's when they discovered the gun was fully loaded.

"It was pretty scary," Josh said.

The kids took the gun to a teacher, and parents called the police.

"They're really curious, and they don't have the sensibilities," said parent Darcie Kline. "Luckily, those kids were really responsible - other than if they had not picked it up, it would have been better."

Police ran the gun's serial number and found that the gun is not stolen. But they couldn't link it to an owner.

Now investigators are checking to see if the gun was used in any crimes.

I bet whoever owns the gun won't be looking to claim the thing once police get through with it at the crime lab.

I have lost lots of stuff in the past but never came close to loosing a gun.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I'll bet the owner reports it stolen.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I don't think that's the first gun those kids have seen. If I had to guess, I'd say their parents have taught them a thing or two about guns. Or whomever lost it didn't carry one in the pipe. One more reason to gunproof your kids at an early age.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Husband: AAhhh, Honey?
    Wife: Yes dear.
    Husband: AAhh, have you seen my Glock laying around anywhere?
    Wife: Didnt you have it when we walked pooch down the beach?
    Tires squeeling out driveway, mumbles of profanaty.

Glad none of the kids got hurt/killed. How can you misplace you gun like that?
    CHP holder. EDC G27. I support VCDL, so glad to have them fighting for my rights.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loadedtech View Post
    How can you misplace your gun like that?
    Could have easily been stolen and not reported yet. Someone who doesn't carry their guns daily like most of us has their glock in a shoebox in the closet. Their poorly disciplined teenager takes it to use it in a crime or loan it to a friend and it gets lost on the beach.

or uses it to scare a friend or try and look cool.

Kids obviously aren't going to tell their parents...

Just a for instance....

Not everyone gunproofs their kids like most folks here
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

I see your point there. I always have mine on me. Maybe I am just over protective of my baby Glock.
    CHP holder. EDC G27. I support VCDL, so glad to have them fighting for my rights.

Another good case for reliable holsters.

I lost a pistol out of a jacket pocket while riding my motorcycle many years ago. Got it back, but consistantly use a holster nowdays. Folly is a great teacher!

I can see a lot of folks heading to the beach looking for more Glocks that washed up on the beach.

Humor aside, could be any number of scenarios as to how it got there.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Possible it was used in a crime and somebody looking to deep 6 in the water and it washed up on shore?

Or,
    Planted there by anti-gunners to stir up the pot?

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    What gun do the cops there carry? Could it be that one is missing? With so many firearms accidents involving police who knows. How many Police Chiefs have we heard of just this year who have misplaced a gun? Hope it isn't so but now a days it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Possible it was used in a crime and somebody looking to deep 6 in the water and it washed up on shore?
    Finally a positive for plastic guns. They're impossible to dispose of in the water since they float. The government should mandate that all firearms be plastic so after the BG carries it through the metal detector sneaks it past the x-ray and commits mass murder. The police can find it bobbing in the lake and match it to the registration, that the BG faithfully filled out with his real name and address, from the micro-stamped bullet. Case solved.

Seriously though good job for the kids for not freaking out or doing something stupid.
    We the willing, being guided by the unknowing, Doing impossible feats, for the ungrateful, Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
    We now feel qualified to do, absolutely anything, with literally nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Loadedtech View Post
    How can you misplace you gun like that?
    Running on the beach with an inferior holster setup. Carrying the gun in a bag while walking along the beach, but it slips out. A criminal that tossed it. Or ...
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I have never lost or missed placed a firearm. Being in the military has taught me if it is not on me or with in arms reach then it is secured properly so it can not be stolen. Positive control at all times. Your life and the life of others depend on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links