Widow pulls pink pistol on handyman

This is a discussion on Widow pulls pink pistol on handyman within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, I guess it has been a week of private citizens and their guns in the news here in Southwest Florida. This story about the ...

Thread: Widow pulls pink pistol on handyman

Well, I guess it has been a week of private citizens and their guns in the news here in Southwest Florida. This story about the "handyman" suspected jewelry thief needs a second read. None of the media here including the TV stations made any mention of the fact that her life was not threatened and the "intruder" was invited into her home. She proclaims she would have shot him for sure in the last line of the story and suggested had she known he would not be arrested for his "potential" crime, she would have shot him. I think she would have served a long jail sentance if she would have carried that out as our Castle Doctrine law here only applies if the intruder was not invited or you "fear for your life". It appears neither of these situations apply here.

What do you think?

VIDEO: Widow pulls pink pistol on handyman she believes was trying to steal her jewelry : Crime : Naples Daily News
    Bag Man
    Hobbyist Gunsmith
    www.concealedcarrybags.com
    Concealed Carry Bags
    "We Conceal it, You Carry it"

I wasn't there...
    According to the story, she caught him with his hand in her jewelry box...that changes everything. If fact, once caught WITH his hand in the 'cookie jar', she had every right to fear for what his next move might have been.

Any electrician, plumber, or carpenter who was invited into my home and is thereafter caught with his hands in my dresser drawers or my safe IS going to find himself on the floor at gun point...no other questions asked. The police WILL be called and at that point the 'said' carpenter has changed to BG thief. If, the then noted BG refuses directions prior to the arrival of the police, thing could become a bit more 'exciting'.

Stay armed...don't abuse invitations...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I wasn't there...
    According to the story, she caught him with his hand in her jewelry box...that changes everything. If fact, once caught WITH his hand in the 'cookie jar', she had every right to fear for what his next move might have been.

Any electrician, plumber, or carpenter who was invited into my home and is thereafter caught with his hands in my dresser drawers or my safe IS going to find himself on the floor at gun point...no other questions asked. The police WILL be called and at that point the 'said' carpenter has changed to BG thief. If, the then noted BG refuses directions prior to the arrival of the police, thing could become a bit more 'exciting'.

+1

The invitation was to come in and complete a task. the invitation does not extend beyond the areas of the task.
    There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

From some of the TV coverage, she suggests he was "leaning over" the box and his explination was that he was looking behind the dresser while leaning over the box to find an outlet to plug in his drill into....
    Bag Man
    Hobbyist Gunsmith
    www.concealedcarrybags.com
    Concealed Carry Bags
    "We Conceal it, You Carry it"

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I wasn't there...

+1 What he said. Just because i invited someone into my home doesnt mean they can have my stuff. I guess it depends on whether or not he was actually IN the jewery box.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    That's a little fishy to me. "High maintenance woman don't want no maintenance man!"
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

its not a big leap to think that if they will steal from you whats one more count

Quote Originally Posted by Bag Man View Post
    I think she would have served a long jail sentence if she would have carried that out as our Castle Doctrine law here only applies if the intruder was not invited or you "fear for your life". It appears neither of these situations apply here.

What do you think?

VIDEO: Widow pulls pink pistol on handyman she believes was trying to steal her jewelry : Crime : Naples Daily News
    Have not read the story yet, responding to your interpretation of your states laws. Which I believe is accurate. The more I read about other states especially states with new right to carry laws, the happier I am that I live in Washington. In my state lethal force in justified in defense of self, others AND property. As it should be. IMO all states need to stop protecting those that violate the belongings or well being of others. Plus in Washington State if we are ever charged for a self defense shooting the state picks up ALL the legal fees, attorney costs expert witness etc once you prove self defense.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Sponsored Links