Home Invasion!!!

Home Invasion!!!

This is a discussion on Home Invasion!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well I can say I am lucky enough that I was not home when my backdoor had a crowbar taken to it. The sorry ******** ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home Invasion!!!

Well I can say I am lucky enough that I was not home when my backdoor had a crowbar taken to it. The sorry ******** took my Remington .204 with a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14, and the Ruger Single Six that my grandfather gave to me, my hunting bag, and 2 sets of binoculars. It is weird being in the house. I feel I guess violated? Has anyone else gone through a break in and felt like that was no longer their home? Just knowing that some punk was rifling through my things and had no respect bothers me!!!
    You can't go through life being afraid!!

Sig 229 .40, Taurus 605 .357, Keltec P32

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Did you have them stored in a QUALITY gun safe?

O on the bright side the NRA has come through HUGE in this. Since I am a member they have a 1000 insurance firearm policy on stolen guns. I called the claims department and the lady was really helpful and apologetic. She said she would put a packet in the mail for me tomorrow and I would need to fill that out with a police report, send it back to them, and the would look it over and send my reimbursement. I was amazed that just because I am a member they would take such good care of me. God Bless the NRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an 8 gun safe, and none of the 12 guns in it were touched (tomorrow they are going to be back home in Katy.) I know I should have moved up in size, but being in college right now I have the lack of funds.

Yep,.. Stinks totally,. I feel for ya,.. Although I would hope to be home, sorry little punks wouldn't get as far going through my things,.. Guess either way the dog's would get to them first,.. Get yourself a K-9 friend,.. Specially a breed that is territorial.. Shepard, pit, Dob, Rotty,. Best security you can get,.. :-)
    Last edited by TucAzRider; June 23rd, 2009 at 12:32 AM.

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    that sucks
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

I hope you had serial #'s for future reference...something MAY turn up, you never know.

Yep, it sucks...but I bet that that larger safe you couldn't afford doesn't seem so expensive now.

Sorry to hear about your losses though.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have the serial numbers and so do the police now. I am hoping something will turn up.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I had a home robbery in the 1980's. It feels weird at first,but I got over it. Hope the cops find your stuff.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    No break in here but then the theif lived here, my step-son. We know he forged checks, stole credit cards, stole part of a coin collection, and sold the last fishing rod and reel set my dad and I put together. This is what we know he stole but we also suspect there was much more. He used all the funds to buy a new car stereo system for his buddy's car, parts for his cousin's junk car, plastic models, and a CB radio (which I currently have in my possession). Imagine your own live-in family doing the stealing. The worst thing was that his 2 aunts, grandmother, and cousin turned their backs on my wife (his mother) then threatened us. My truck was vandalized, our telephone and TV cable were both cut. We reported the vandlism to the police and I had him prosecuted for stealing the credit cards.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I've only had 1 break in, and I turned out to be lucky. They broke through the front door, but it was a very heavy wood door, which had to have taken some time, and made a heck of a noise. Either that, or as they were getting in, a car came down the street. Because when we checked the house, nothing at all was taken! Either they were scared off by the noise from the door or a car, or they cased it first, as as they went down the hall, they saw the targets that we had on the wall from shooting a machine gun, on which I wrote, "We don't call 9-11"!

Be glad it was only a burglary and not a home invasion with you there.

Sorry for your loss. Yes, you feel a bit violated. Looking on the bright side, there are few better ways to help you see your home from the criminal's viewpoint, in terms of hardening the perimeter, etc.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Violated is the word. Sorry about the loss of guns. Great to hear about your conversation with the NRA! Let us know how that pans out.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

I had a break in a few years ago while i was out of town. They got all my guns. I only got three of them back. They caught the guy but he had already sold the rest. I now have a gun safe. I did feel weird later. He had gone through my bed room and ransacked it. All my dresser drawers were emptied and cloths were everywhere. You will get back to feeling normal. Hang in there.

Sorry tp hear about your losses. I had my car stereo and speakers stolen, never felt the same about that car. They broke the door lock and dome light. It's a bad feeling.
    We can't stop here...this is bat country.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Res Ipsa Loquitur

Never have had break-in/home invasion, yet. They are happening all around our neighborhood though, two just within the last couple months. We have a vicious dog though. I pity the BG who gets in and is unaware she's there. The Medical Examiner would have a rough time doing an autopsy on the remains.

The lady who attends the same church as we lives across the avenue from us and her home was invaded, ransacked top to bottom and now she's selling and moving in with her daughter and family. It traumatized her so badly that she is moving.

It's a shock to your system, but hopefully you can get over it and move on, a bit wiser and more aware.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links