Afghanistan Armed

This is a discussion on Afghanistan Armed within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just caught the last part of a news story on Euro CNN, about women in Afghanistan.. being armed and helping out the police force ...

Thread: Afghanistan Armed

Afghanistan Armed

I just caught the last part of a news story on Euro CNN,
    about women in Afghanistan.. being armed and helping
    out the police force there.

They showed them all with autos...looked to be Sigmas

2. Remove Ads

Probably Glocks....Glocks have a big presence in the Middle east.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

22,000 Sigmas were sent to Afghanistan to be used by the National Army, National Police and the Border Patrol. So it probably was a Sigma. They are the Allied Forces model SW9VE with the parkerized slide.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Probably Glocks....Glocks have a big presence in the Middle east.
    That are used to kill American soldiers. Glock sells to Iran knowing they supply terrorists. To some folks that does not matter. To me it is huge I will never ever knowingly support a company that intentionally supplies weapons to our enemies to kill our warriors, our brothers, sisters, our sons and daughters.
    Plenty of American companies sell excellent weapons that donít intentionally sell weapons to terrorists.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by BradyM77 View Post
    22,000 Sigmas were sent to Afghanistan to be used by the National Army, National Police and the Border Patrol. So it probably was a Sigma. They are the Allied Forces model SW9VE with the parkerized slide.
    Yessir, I have an Allied Forces Sigma SW9VE myself. People always think it is a Glock because they are also all black with the Melonite slide instead of stainless.

Great little auto. ....Even if it is a Glock-Knock....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    That are used to kill American soldiers. Glock sells to Iran knowing they supply terrorists. To some folks that does not matter. To me it is huge I will never ever knowingly support a company that intentionally supplies weapons to our enemies to kill our warriors, our brothers, sisters, our sons and daughters.
    Plenty of American companies sell excellent weapons that donít intentionally sell weapons to terrorists.
    Amen brother! Poo poo on Glock!
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    +1 Just one more reason I will never buy a Glock.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    Yessir, I have an Allied Forces Sigma SW9VE myself. People always think it is a Glock because they are also all black with the Melonite slide instead of stainless.

Great little auto. ....Even if it is a Glock-Knock....
    Let me know if you ever want to part with it. I've been wanting the Allied Forces model but can't find any around here.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    I am glad to know this. I hope to get a second handgun soon, but Glock is out.

Links