Tactical light for a Taurus PT145?

This is a discussion on Tactical light for a Taurus PT145? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Okay, so I left the door open to the back porch with the dog door on it. This is at 12:45am, a few minutes ago. ...

Thread: Tactical light for a Taurus PT145?

Tactical light for a Taurus PT145?

Okay, so I left the door open to the back porch with the dog door on it. This is at 12:45am, a few minutes ago. My rat dogs go tearing out through the doggy door and start barking as they chase after something. I start to go to the door to call them in and I hear one of them give a yelp/bark noise. I fly into the other room to get my gun to go outside and realize that my young boys have drained my small flashlights. I very carefully go outside to get them in and at first it is only one of them. The second one shows up a minute later.
    I then go inside and get my larger flashlight and scan the yard, holding it next to my PT. Whatever it was is gone at this point, and the rats are okay. This made me think though about how well I could have shot with this larger light next to my gun, which made me wonder about a tactical light.

The reason for this concern is that where I live we have an abundance of bears and more than a few mountain lions this year. I usually don't allow the R.Ds access to the outdoors at night, esp. in the summer. Too many coyotes and now wolves as well.

My gun doesn't have any point of attachment that I can see for a laser or tactical light, thus my question.
    EDIT: Maybe a tactical light for my Mossberg 500?

Thanks, UnklFungus

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    I've got the same problem with my kids draining all flashlight batteries.
    If you are planning for possibly shooting bears, yes put a light on the shotgun and have slugs on hand.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Thanks, I do have the slugs loaded with 00 buck as back up rounds. I will get a light for my shotty, any recommendations?

Shottys are hard on lights. The best option would be a Surefire forend- you may be able to find a used one for $175-200.

Otherwise, anything(handhelds mounted with a clamp or rail) from Streamlight, Laserlyte, or Surefire. Just be aware you may be replacing it after "not too many" rounds.

Links