Never order anything from Botach Tactical

This is a discussion on Never order anything from Botach Tactical within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently ordered a tac light combo for the 870. Well it came in the mail today and they sent me the wrong ring to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never order anything from Botach Tactical

Never order anything from Botach Tactical

I recently ordered a tac light combo for the 870. Well it came in the mail today and they sent me the wrong ring to fit the light. Well I call the company today to hopefully rectify the problem. Not only is it impossible to talk to anyone who speaks english very well, they tell me that I need to ship it back to them on my dime. Once they have recieved it, THEN they will send out the right part ($15). FInally I said screw it, I will just buy the right part again but NOPE, I need to call a different number because this person can not handle new orders. Great!

Recently I ordered something from Cabelas, and they sent me the wrong item ($200). Not only did they appologize, they OVERNIGHTED the right thing to me on their dime and told me to send back the wrong item whenever I got around to it. THAT is real customer service.

2. Remove Ads

Botach has some of the world's worst customer service. When I had a problem with them I was never even able to talk to a real person or get my e-mails answered. I will never be ordering anything from them again.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    wow...I have never had an experience with Botach, but from both of you, I never will!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Botach is bad news on every gun forum.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads up guys!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I order from Botach all the time. No problems except for one time. They shorted me a Glock 26 mag. I emailed, they said they would check, never heard back, emailed again, they sent me 2 mags. So I emailed back and said "I was only short 1 mag, you sent me 2", so they mailed a return label to me.

Thanks for the info!!
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

I ordered a pair of Hi-ted Magnum boots. They sent me one size 12, one size 10. I sent them back, and they sent me two new pairs of boots, but only charged my card for one. That made up for the shipping of the other pair back...I think.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

*update*

Quote Originally Posted by Jay6 View Post
    I recently ordered a tac light combo for the 870. Well it came in the mail today and they sent me the wrong ring to fit the light. Well I call the company today to hopefully rectify the problem. Not only is it impossible to talk to anyone who speaks english very well, they tell me that I need to ship it back to them on my dime. Once they have recieved it, THEN they will send out the right part ($15). FInally I said screw it, I will just buy the right part again but NOPE, I need to call a different number because this person can not handle new orders. Great!

Recently I ordered something from Cabelas, and they sent me the wrong item ($200). Not only did they appologize, they OVERNIGHTED the right thing to me on their dime and told me to send back the wrong item whenever I got around to it. THAT is real customer service.
    *update*
    I received a follow up call from botach (someone higher up than customer service) today and not only did they apologize for sending the wrong part, they shipped me the correct one overnight free of charge. I know I was a little hot last night but this phone call really changed my mind as far as how they do business. Solid move that saved a future customer.

I have made eight orders over three years from Botach for a range of stuff in general.
    Not once have I had a problem.
    And I' have talked to their CS too about questions I've had toward product to order and/or ordered and it's always been an English speaking person.

Every gun forum I've been on, except for SigForums, talks bad about Botach.
    I learned of Botach's existence per a referral from a member at SigForum to which my first order was for a $200+ item. No problems then or thus far.

as a general rule though, I do nto call company CS lines after business hours because those that are open tend to have their services outsourced overseas to India for off-hour support. At that point you get what you got .

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I always give the benefit of the doubt until they (people/company) prove beyond a shadow of a doubt they are incompetent. Remember the Customer Service Rep is at the lowest end of the pay scale for most of these companies and they go through them like water, that's why I ask for some one higher up when something goes wrong, that one step up problem solver is paid better and has a interest in keeping his/her job, they will usually try and help you out to keep you a customer so you don't go higher.

Just my 25 cents (inflation).
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

I ordered from Botach Tactical ONCE. Never again. I ordered a TR2 light and laser 225.00. They sent me a TR1 light 90.00. Called them up, they said they would send a pick up tag, and ship the right one out, after they got the wrong one back. OK.....

After 1 month, and repaeted calls, no pick up tag. I finially contacted my credit card company and contested the charges. I explain that I have a wrong item, and they need to issue a RMA or a pick up tag likr they siad they would do. Charges were reversed, and 1 year latter, I still could not get a pickup tag from them. I finially gave up. It is their loss.....
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

EAJ
    They have had a poor reputation for years. Their BBB rating used to be "F" however it seems to have improved. That said, based upon past experience, I wouldn't order anything from them again.

On every gun forum I've ever visited, I've seen two sorts of people... 10% or so who "never had any problems with BoTach"... and 90% who were annoyed at some level... up to and including wanting to nuke the place.

I've never ordered from them either... 9 to 1 odds are a no-brainer, as far as I'm concerned.

Well crap, I just placed an order, then found this thread. I hope it goes through alright!

They do have Glock mags for about $10 cheaper than anywhere else I can find though. Here is what I found on slickdeals:

Botachtactical has Glock factory magazines for $19.99 - 10% with coupon code "stimulus"
    http://www.botachtactical.com/glockmagazines.html

I ordered 6 magazines and a Glock mat with the 10% off. I wish I had seen their bad rep before I ordered.
    Last edited by D Strokes; July 26th, 2009 at 01:18 AM. Reason: added link
    "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links