Glock 26 disassembly problem

This is a discussion on Glock 26 disassembly problem within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; First, once again...Blue Ridge Arsenal is a bunch of jerks... Buy a gun from them and they refuse to give proper advice/guidance... "Unless you are ...

Thread: Glock 26 disassembly problem

Glock 26 disassembly problem

First, once again...Blue Ridge Arsenal is a bunch of jerks...

Buy a gun from them and they refuse to give proper advice/guidance...

"Unless you are a certified armorer/gunsmith you should never take your gun fully apart"...bunch of arrogant jerks...

Back on track...I can not get the lowermost pin out...the one directly above the trigger. I have FULLY disassembled my G26 several times before, and this is the first time this issue has happened.

It cycles properly...everything is fine (I think )

Any tricks/tips on getting the pin out? Jiggle something? A drop of oil here or there?

HELP!!!

Thanks!!!

2. Remove Ads

I hope I don't come across in the same light but there's a reason the majority of people do not need to disassemble the pistol any more than a field strip. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen parts in backwards, missing parts, or just been given a box of parts to reassemble. That said, the guns are very easy to work with once you know how things are supposed to come apart and go back together.

The trigger pin is locked into place by the slide stop lever. The trigger pin has a notch cut around its circumference. The slide stop lever fits into this notch and prevents the trigger pin from being removed.

To remove, apply pressure to the left side of the trigger pin with your armorer's tool while, at the same time, moving the slide stop lever fore and aft. The idea is to "center" the hole in the slide stop lever around the trigger pin. Do *not* use a hammer.

What in NoVa are you? I'll be in Fairfax one evening next week and will be glad to show you.

Randy

Jiggling is best but there's nothing wrong with a light tap from a rubber mallet to free it. Don't go whacking at it though, it should free up with a light hit.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I know this is not what you ask but,
    I have never needed to take any of my Glocks down that far.
    I just hose it with Break Free and use compressed air to
    blow out the whole thing.
    This worked on all seven of the Glocks I've owned.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I hope I don't come across in the same light but there's a reason the majority of people do not need to disassemble the pistol any more than a field strip. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen parts in backwards, missing parts, or just been given a box of parts to reassemble. That said, the guns are very easy to work with once you know how things are supposed to come apart and go back together.

The trigger pin is locked into place by the slide stop lever. The trigger pin has a notch cut around its circumference. The slide stop lever fits into this notch and prevents the trigger pin from being removed.

To remove, apply pressure to the left side of the trigger pin with your armorer's tool while, at the same time, moving the slide stop lever fore and aft. The idea is to "center" the hole in the slide stop lever around the trigger pin. Do *not* use a hammer.

What in NoVa are you? I'll be in Fairfax one evening next week and will be glad to show you.

Randy
    Got it!

Thank you soooo much.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    Jiggling is best but there's nothing wrong with a light tap from a rubber mallet to free it. Don't go whacking at it though, it should free up with a light hit.
    THERE IS NEVER A NEED TO STRIKE A GLOCK WITH A HAMMER, never.

The Slide Stop Lever Spring is caught (as it should be) in the groove on the pin, holding it in place. All pins are pushed out of the frame from left to right when holding the gun pointing away from you.

The pins are replaced from right to left. Never try to push them out the left side.

If you don't know how to properly, and in order, dissamble and re-assemble a gun, please, just don't do it for safety sake.

There is plenty of information on the NET on how to do this...
    Certified Glock Armorer

jfl
    Disassemble a Glock ??? Why ???
    Every couple of weeks, I lock the slide back and throw it in the dishwasher, gets a good cleaning

It is a standing joke about Glocks, don't do it
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

You'll need to pick up on the slide stop and wiggle it a bit to get that top pin out of your Glock. All Glock pins push out with the correct tool......never go to using a rubber mallet and a punch. If you do...you're doing something wrong. I always push my pins out from the right side (or the ejection port side). Make this a habit, and you'll be okay.
    Last edited by Ram Rod; July 8th, 2009 at 04:20 AM.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    I am planning to go to Blue Ridge tomorrow afternoon and try out IDPA (I've never done it before) if I can find some 9mm. I'd be happy to help if you need, I am no firearms expert but I do have a G26 that has gotten heavy use at the range and carried

And, personally, I've only ever been to one gun store that didn't have an elitist attitude (in Roanoke). It seems to come with the territory.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Search the web for Glockmeister.

That's a gun store that specializes in Glocks. They used to have a pretty good section on how to take a Glock apart. They also sell that Armorer's Tool that everyone needs to take a Glock apart.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    I am planning to go to Blue Ridge tomorrow afternoon and try out IDPA (I've never done it before) if I can find some 9mm. I'd be happy to help if you need, I am no firearms expert but I do have a G26 that has gotten heavy use at the range and carried

And, personally, I've only ever been to one gun store that didn't have an elitist attitude (in Roanoke). It seems to come with the territory.
    The gun is fixed...I figured it all out. Silver Eagle Group (in Ashburn) has IDPA competitions once or twice a month. Far nicer facility and staff. I would go check them out as well.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ASSA9 View Post
    I know this is not what you ask but,
    I have never needed to take any of my Glocks down that far.
    I just hose it with Break Free and use compressed air to
    blow out the whole thing.
    This worked on all seven of the Glocks I've owned.
    Compressed air! Really!?

You need to stop doing that.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Compressed air! Really!?

You need to stop doing that.
    How about using Gun Scrubber and letting it dry?
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Quote Originally Posted by nkanofolives View Post
    First, once again...Blue Ridge Arsenal is a bunch of jerks...

Buy a gun from them and they refuse to give proper advice/guidance...

[
    HELP!!!

Thanks!!!
    There's a Glock dealer on 211 west of Warrenton, just south/west of 'Little' Washington (the name excapes me now), that I've bought from in the past. Excellent Glock dealer who helps you tear the gun down several times before he lets you walk out the door. He's a little out of the way, but his prices are good and he's really helpful and loves to talk Glock.

Links