A friends story...

This is a discussion on A friends story... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A teacher approached me this morning in school and said that someone kicked her door in and cleaned her out. She was not at home ...

Thread: A friends story...

A friends story...

A teacher approached me this morning in school and said that someone kicked her door in and cleaned her out. She was not at home and that was good. She proceeded to say how she sat up all night afraid because she had been violated. She asked me about getting a permit. I told go beyond permit and get a CCW. I told a fellow teacher who made the sheeple remark of: Well, if they come in what can you do. Geez, what is it gonna take people. Be safe out there, now just thought I would share that one.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Luckily she wasn't home at the time. It takes a incident for some folks to realize, they are not always safe and secure.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Hopefully the light bulb went on.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Assistant Administrator
    I have to remind some folks that crap happens - anytime, any place - and unless they are clairvoyant they have no way of knowing the ''when'' or the ''where''.

Being prepared makes such total sense - well to us folks!

Indeed probably good she was not there but I think we can all identify with the ''violated'' aspect - I call it ''property rape'' - and just knowing some person or persons unknown have been in our home - our inner sanctum if you will - is totally sickening.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator
    Most Lifelong Sheeple have a very difficult time shedding the wool from over their eyes & might Feel Better owning a firearm but, if and when the SHTF most will still have the identical brain of Dolly the cloned sheep and will be unable to react.
    I wish that were not true but, often it turns out to be the sad truth.

BELOW IS TRUE
    I still remember that one reality TV show where the Wife was super POed at her Sheeple husband because their house was fully alarmed and he would NEVER set the alarm when he left the house & complete access to the interior of the house was a breeze just by tugging up the unlocked garage door. This was even when the entire family (including kids) were home and asleep.
    To top it all off the valuables, passports, credit cards, car keys, cash were all left out in the open because the sheep hubby figured that if somebody DID break in...why should the house get TORN APART because the perps would hafta SEARCH for the valuable stuff & do EXTRA DAMAGE to everything tossing everything around. So he figured might as well just keep it all EASY for them to find.
    GO FIGURE OUT THE INNER WORKINGS OF THE MIND OF THE TRUE SHEEP.

Now...Imagine a gun in that sheeps hand. What is HE going to do during a home invasion?
    He'll hand that gun over to the BGs in a New York Minute. No Shots Fired.

Unfortunate and sad, but as ExSoldier said in an older thread - sometimes victims make the best sheepdogs. Be there for her and maybe you'll get to coach her into sheepdog behavior. Good luck!
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    I told a fellow teacher who made the sheeple remark of: Well, if they come in what can you do.
    I hope you politely gave him at lest two paths to follow. The good defensive one and the other.............
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Links