Positive story on traveling with firearms

This is a discussion on Positive story on traveling with firearms within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just read an article written about one man's journey in traveling with firearms that puts it all in a very positive light. The best ...

Thread: Positive story on traveling with firearms

Positive story on traveling with firearms

I just read an article written about one man's journey in traveling with firearms that puts it all in a very positive light. The best part of this story is the fact that it was also disseminated throughout the TSA, which is how my Brother was able to tell me about it to go check on for myself.

Packing & the Friendly Skies

My Brother remembered me telling him about my first trip to San Diego with my firearm and how it was smooth except for a few issues when leaving CA.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

2. Remove Ads

Paco,

Excellent reference for those who have questions about 'first time' travel with firearms.

I've 'bookmarked' it for future use.

Thanks,

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Thanks for the post.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

In the article it referenced his opportunity to have been asked to demonstrate the safe action of his firearm. I would think they wouldn't want the thing to be touched, but it sure would be fun to pull it out and show it off with people looking around (in a sort fo twisted sort of joy).
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Awesome, thank you! I've passed it on to some traveling friends as well.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Great read...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Thanks for posting that Paco!

I have filed that away to pass on to others or use as needed.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Thanks, very helpful information. I haven't traveled via airline yet with a firearm; I do occasionally fly and I'm very nervous about the 1 st time that I do this.... I'll definitely keep this in mind.
    funwitHK
    Aim Low, don't be Disappointed, and Reach your Goals.

Quote Originally Posted by funwitHK View Post
    Thanks, very helpful information. I haven't traveled via airline yet with a firearm; I do occasionally fly and I'm very nervous about the 1 st time that I do this.... I'll definitely keep this in mind.
    after you make your first trip you will compare it to your first outing while carrying, it won't be as big of a deal. There are only some extra steps you'll have to take, such as safe inside suitcase and printed TSA and airline regs (I suggest a copy in your suit case with your safe and a copy in your carry one (laptop or backpack).

-Paco

VIP Member
    BIG THANKS, Paco. Great article there.

VIP Member
    In the article it referenced his opportunity to have been asked to demonstrate the safe action of his firearm. I would think they wouldn't want the thing to be touched, but it sure would be fun to pull it out and show it off with people looking around (in a sort fo twisted sort of joy).
    Paco you said a mouthful.

Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    Paco you said a mouthful.
    I must have been running low on caffeine and it affected my grammar and spelling. Spell check does me no good when I ignore the red line under the words

-Paco

Great info, Thanks for sharing!!

Here's a link to the author's website detailing different airlines and some more good suggestions. While he talks about primarily leveraging firearms laws to protect your luggage, it applies all the same.

I really think it would be a good idea to make this a sticky somewhere. Lots of good information, and I'm sure many here would get use out of it when they travel.

Links