Walmart No Longer Selling Gun Publications?

This is a discussion on Walmart No Longer Selling Gun Publications? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey, Just thought I'd throw this out to see if it's becoming a trend in other Walmarts. The other day I was in my local ...

Thread: Walmart No Longer Selling Gun Publications?

Walmart No Longer Selling Gun Publications?

Hey,

Just thought I'd throw this out to see if it's becoming a trend in other Walmarts.

The other day I was in my local Walmart and thought I'd pick up a new Shotgun News.

Not one gun magazine was on the rack! My local Walmart has always carried at least 6 or 7 gun magazines including Shotgun News.

I was a little surprised and said so to my wife, who then noticed they no longer had any books by conservative authors on the book rack either. No books of Bill O'Reilly, Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck or others.

Now to be honest, I've never really noticed authors in the book section, but I seem to remember seeing one of O'Reilly's and Coulters books there before.

I have 3 other Walmarts in neighboring towns to investigate on this but I wanted to throw this out to see if others are noticing the same trend in their local Walmarts.

I did not stop to ask any employee's but if I notice a similar lack of gun publications in the other Walmarts, I will make sure and complain.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    You've got to be quick to get one here. They never have more than several copies.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

The Wal-mart where I work still carries the magazines and conservative books.

Hotguns... While I agree, you sometimes have to be quick to get a copy... I've never noticed them complete sold out of all 6 or 7 gun publications at the same time.

I did just remember that one of my EMT students works at that particular Walmart, so I'll definitely ask him during class tomorrow night and report back what he finds out!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Bark'n I have not noticed that at any of the Walmart stores on the Kansas side, but I will definitely keep an eye on the gun magazines. I will look for the conservative authors books the next time I visit wally world.
    God bless our troops!

VIP Member
    About 2-3 weeks ago I bought 3 gun magazines at Walmart, or should I call 'em "clips" (sorry)

I was in WM tonight but I didn't go to the magazine section, but I'll check next time. I'd put money on them being there though.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Recently bought Guns & Ammo and Handloader.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

I've seen many gun mags at the book stores and the WW's in the Gainesville area.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My WalMarts always have them. Maybe yours is just changing vendors or something.

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    I asked one of the girls working in the Book section about Becks book, and she said as fast as they came in they are gone. This begs to question are the books not put out or are Conservative Books selling, and Liberal ones just filling up shelf space?
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Just this afternoon, I bought the latest issue of Combat Handguns, and Glenn Beck's new book - Common Sense - at my local Wally World.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I hope that's not nation wide. I used to buy Shotgun News, Gun Digest, and gun magazines there before I subscribed to all of them.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    No problem here in North Texas, was just in WM this morning and saw several magazines on the rack as I walked by and looked.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Links