Defensive Carry banner

Do you wear any pro gun shirts?

9K views 86 replies 79 participants last post by  gottabkiddin 
#1 ·
I wear them from time to time. When I wear my friends"The Gunsmith" Shirt. I always have people asking about guns. This evening I had a Elderly greeter at walmart ask me how and where she could buy a handgun. I told her where the local gun shops were and that they could train her there also. She looked kind of nervous about asking about guns. Maybe she is wanting to be a pro gun convert.:image035:

Does this ever happen to you?

#32 ·
Nope..no gun shirts..no stickers on my Country Cadillac...only the comfortable weight of my "Baby" at 3 o'clock. Let them guess what this old man enjoys!

#33 ·
I don't as much as I used to but I still regularly wear a S&W hat out and about. If I'm just running around locally I wear my "Sons of Liberty Tyranny Response Team" shirt. You can look it up on zazzle.com because they wouldn't let me copy a picture here. This is Oklahoma so I blend in pretty well.

This past weekend I had a family reunion with distant relatives and at a less formal event I was wearing my "Meat is Murder tasty, tasty murder" shirt and I happened to be talking to a vegan relative that I had never met before. Thought it was funny as hell.

#34 ·
I don't as much as I used to but I still regularly wear a S&W hat out and about. If I'm just running around locally I wear my "Sons of Liberty Tyranny Response Team" shirt. You can look it up on zazzle.com because they wouldn't let me copy a picture here. This is Oklahoma so I blend in pretty well.

This past weekend I had a family reunion with distant relatives and at a less formal event I was wearing my "Meat is Murder tasty, tasty murder" shirt and I happened to be talking to a vegan relative that I had never met before. Thought it was funny as hell.
Here ya' go...

Sons Of Liberty Tyranny Response Team T-Shirts

#36 ·
I have a long sleeved GLOCK Shooting Sports T-shirt I picked up from a gun show, but that is about it.

#37 ·
I don't wear anything that advocates what I do or believe in. I guess I should, it's not that I'm ashamed anything, but I never spread around what I learned during my military time either though.

#38 ·
I have a lot of hunting related T-shirts, some Winchester Ammuntion shirts, sporting clays shirts, one is a Browning, I used to have some shirts with different guns pictured, yesterday I wore a Mossberg shirt with some Labs in the back and a duck hunting scene.

I have only ever had positive comments about them, but they do seem to attract attention and comments, mostly from people who hunt or shoot. Of course, that's not why I wear them, just a side effect.

I don't have any strcitly "gun shirts", like Glock, or SIG or AK stuff, so I can't say as to those types of shirts.

#41 ·
I don't have any shirts that say anything about firearms, etc, probably won't have one either.

However, I do have a shirt that says "I'm one of those crazy Episcopalians"

What kind of response would that one generate, I wonder?

#43 ·
I used to wear shirts bragging about my 2A/shooting passion. Now, about the two most controversial T-shirts I own are military - one with the Marines seal (from her oldest) and the other says NAVY DAD (from my youngest). I've got no decals on my vehicle other than an American flag. As I age, most of my private life falls into the "nunnya" category as far as anyone outside my circle goes.

#46 ·
I have Rock River Arms and a 'NRA- The 2nd Amendment; America's original Homeland Security' shirts. I have never had any negative comments just pro or people asking questions- how can I sign up for the NRA? etc. My wife has a NRA shirt too.

I like the 'Don't tread on me' t shirt on the NRA site, I probably pick one of those up next.

I don't put any NRA/ pro gun stickers on my vehicles, I don't want to invite some scumbag to break my window in search of a gun that isn't there anyway.

#47 ·
I have an NRA, Texas State Rifle Association and a sticker for my local gun club on the rear window of my vehicle. I also have several shooting team shirts as well as a few "T"s that are gun or 2A oriented, though I don't normally wear the team shirts out in the general public. If you want a pro gun T-shirt, sign or anything else with a logo/slogan/political view) then go for it. I've never met, known, heard or read of anyone in the last 20 years who's personally had their house or car broken into by someone looking to steal firearms because of a gun related bumper sticker in the window or the owner wears a "Team SIG" or "Make Mine A GLOCK" shirt. The fact is there have been a number of studies done on this same subject, mainly with inmates at jails/prisons who'd been convicted of burglary, robbery, theft and similar crimes. To a man, they said gun themed stickers on a car or home had no positive influence (make it more likely) on whether they would rob that house, individual or car. Actually, many of them said it had the opposite effect and if they saw a sign/shirt saying the owner was possibly armed, they would look elsewhere for a potentially less dangerous victim. Some of you may remember that John Stossel did a report on the same subject a year or so ago for ABC's 20/20 with the exact same results. :blink:

BTW, during the interviews with prisoners mentioned earlier, it was also asked what effect KNOWING that a potential victim was armed had on how they picked a mark. The three responses were either, A) If there's something in a house/car that he really wants or he's on drugs and needs to score for a fix, knowing the owner has a gun didn't matter because the BG will still go after it. B) If a BG is seriously out to hurt you and/or has a personal ax to grind with you, knowing you own a gun doesn't matter because the BG will still find a way to get you. C) If it's a crime of opportunity (as most home, car and armed robbery/assault victims are), the BG is looking for a quick, easy and relatively safe score and if he knows the victim is likely to offer armed resistance, 95% said they will look for an easier - and less dangerous to them - target. :hand5:

The bottom line seems to be if a BG wants you personally or you have something specific he/she wants, the threat of a weapon won't deter them. OTOH, for victim's of opportunity, crooks will almost always look for easier pickings if they think you're armed and will put up a fight. :hand10:

OTOH, if you are worried about being singled out as a gun owner by a potential BG or gun control supporter, don't display or wear pro gun logos. It's your choice and it's called Freedom Of Speech, aka the 1st amendment. It's the one in the Constitution that comes just before the right to keep and bear arms we here support and like to talk so much about! :yup:

#49 ·
I have a couple Glock shirts and don't wear them a lot but I am not much of a T shirt person. Have to be in the right mood. My son wants one of the NRA "Don't Tread on Me" shirts so I am going to get that for him and I will probably get something for me too. I have NRA stickers on both my cars.

#50 ·
I'm another who does not pay much for T-shirts. I don't have an NRA hat yet, don't have any gun related shirts either. About the only pro-gun things I have are the Springfield XD Logo and NRA logo on my Myspace page bulletin board, and the NRA sticker on the inside tinted back window of my truck.

Not to say the thought has not crossed my mind to wear some gun related shirts on stage at gigs, however, I'd have to be ready to have some major "political debates" with the local Alt/Punk/Indie musicians who are often anti-gun liberals with an axe to grind.

#51 ·
I don't wear anything with gun logos on them. I don't personnaly subscribe to the belief that all BGs are woosies and will run at the sight of a Glock Logo or exit the house in cold fear when I jack a round into my pump shotgun. My experience with the other element as a Corrections teacher (reform school) and a behavior class Teacher (alternative school) has convinced me that letting them know I have a weapon is only make them more likely to pick me as an initial target. Once they decide to strike, weapons are not going to deter them. You have to put at least one of them down before they get a "mortality check." They don't really believe that mere "civilians" have the stones to fire at them. Comrades going down does tend to lead to replanning measures however!

#53 ·
I try not to wear anything with a gun on it anymore. As much as I would like to fight for the Second Amendment in full force I also have a family to feed and protect. Maybe when the kids are all growed up and on their own but for now I wear gunless shirts. I do own a few Second Amendment shirts though.

#55 ·
I don't wear any logo shirts because they freak out the Seattle liberals.
I do wear 511 polos because they look brand new even after a few months and they don't shrink ever.
I recently ordered a Shabak shirt jacket from IsraelMilitary and it fits perfectly.
I ordered a medium since I wear small usually. Their sizes are smaller than they are marked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.