Defensive Carry banner

Do you wear any pro gun shirts?

9K views 86 replies 79 participants last post by  gottabkiddin 
#1 ·
I wear them from time to time. When I wear my friends"The Gunsmith" Shirt. I always have people asking about guns. This evening I had a Elderly greeter at walmart ask me how and where she could buy a handgun. I told her where the local gun shops were and that they could train her there also. She looked kind of nervous about asking about guns. Maybe she is wanting to be a pro gun convert.:image035:

Does this ever happen to you?

#2 ·
When I wear my sig or galco hats all I ever get is other gun people telling me they have one of there products.

I assume that Sig and Galco are not that well known outside of the gun community.

Perhaps if I wore a glock, colt, or beretta shirt/hat I'd get more interaction.

#3 ·
Maybe nervous because she is inside the Wally World and on the clock. Three are some there that are like us but scared to death to say anything that might be grounds for early dismissal.

(I was out of town visiting relatives and had to get some items for my son who was a baby ATT. The greater says Hello, this is a great day, thank you for visiting the Dextor Walmart. I turned and looked at her and murmered kind of like Lurch rom Adams family..On my way out she follows me and in the parking lot she unloads how bad it is there since Sam Walton died and how his kids don't care about the workers just the cash flow. She has the job due to an injury and loss of her real job and this was the low paying that could be used in conjunction with her disability.)

#4 ·
No

Nope. Don't have any gun shirts. I really don't have anything that would indicate a pro-gun inclination. After obtaining my CCW here in CA, I feel the need to conceal all involvement with guns.

I did see a black sticker on a truck today that said, "Got SIG" in white letters. In CA, that is saying something. You really don't see that everyday.

#6 ·
About the only things that I wear out are my NRA hat, and my "Peace through Superior Firepower" T shirt. Oh, I just remembered my Gun Owners of America Shirt which has on the back, "I'm a bitter clinger", with a handgun and a bible graphic. I do wear that out as well.

#7 ·
I have a shirt with a quote on it from Adolf Hitler about gun control. It's a strong statement and has opened more than one conversation. I have yet to have a flaming anti- attack me over it, though. I have had plenty of people ask where to get some firearms training, and for the ladies I point them to one of our local ranges that does free range time, rentals, and instruction for women on Friday nights.

#8 ·
I don't only because I have a hard time paying $20 for a T-Shirt. I have a couple of Martial Arts related shirts, but many of them I have earned by being a tournament judge or are a part of my class uniform, etc.

I don't have a problem with wearing any of them, its just the expense of a T-Shirt with me.

#9 ·
So far I haven't had the urge to buy any gun shirts. At times I'm tempted to buy pro 2A shirt or two for occasional wear. I still wouldn't make of habit of wearing it too often.

Although I do OC to & from work on the days I do work. My neighbors know I own a handgun. Beyond my G26 they have no idea of what I own with regards to handgun/rifles. They'll never find as far as I'm concerned.

#10 ·
I'm with Paco...I just don't pay much for t shirts. Don't own any gun shirts. I threw out my NRA hat. I won't wear a hat that isn't fitted.

On my truck, I have an NRA sticker on the back window behind the glass, which is tinted, so you have to be looking for it or in direct sunlight to really see it.

#11 ·
I wear my NRA hat pretty much everywhere. Only gun shirt I have is an NRA Family, Freedom and Firearms that gets worn occasionally.

#13 ·
I believe that a very important part of "self-preservation" is not wearing clothing which will bring attention to oneself.

Also, not behaving in a manner that will bring attention to oneself.

Blend in.

If the folks on the street are in business suits, wear a suit. If they are in blue jeans wear blue jeans. Keep the message clothes to a minimum, or absent altogether.

No signs, no badges, no special logos. You never know what can set someone off.

#14 ·
I bought a cheap $10ish T-shirt last year at the gunshow that says 'Buy a gun, piss off a liberal.'. I thought it was appropriate during the campaigning times. I've only worn it a few times though as it's not very well made.

I also have a little ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE sticker that I thought about sticking on my car in a spot where I have a ding. Probably won't though.

#15 ·
As a general rule, no.
I very rarely break that rule but did so this past Sunday to interesting results.

I'd been driving in the morning to the S&W factory to meet with a manager there when along the highway I was trailing behind an Suburban in one lane and a Jeep 4dr SUVlet (I don't what the model name is) in the right most lane. The Jeep was towing a really long and wide boat trailer like for a boat many times too big for the vehicle and the jeep was having difficulty maintaining it's lane and thus the trailer was swerving a bit much for my own comfort. The Suburban appeared to be a friend of the Jeeps driver as they kept driving parallel to each other and at times would speed up and slow down for each other. Myself and a long line of traffic were stuck behind to witness this.
For persons local to W. MA I was on 91W headed toward Springfield coming from NoHo.

So anyway the highway finally opens up to three lanes and I attempt to pass on the right but the Suburban and the Jeep speed up and I'm blocked on the left by others behind me who also wish to pass. Note that I am not at all in any particular hurry as in fact I'm ahead of time and would be arriving early.
So I being concerned about this Jeep with the trailer weaving I choose to do what I think in the immediate is improper but choose to do so anyway because I do not want to be around that weaving trailer anymore. So I switch from the middle to the right most lane and attempt to pass on the right. I know this is wrong but I am only trying to get myself away from trouble. I hit the gas pedal and pull away from the Jeep as we approach a right hand radius in the highway. In the immediate I think to myself; "This would be a great place for a radar...".
Before I can finish my thought I see a cruiser and a State Police jump into the right line pointing his finger directly at me...and he looks pissed. Gosh darn it!!!

I know I'm busted and I know I did wrong. I hit the brakes and pull over immediately and directly in front of his parked cruiser on the right hand shoulder.
The officer pulls his car forward to my rear lights on and then contacts me at the passenger side window. He asks for license and reg. I already had pulled out my wallet so I hand him my DL and MA -LTCA permit. In this state alerting the police of carry status is not required by law. But I choose to do so anyway, conditionally.

he asks me what's the speed limit to which I report 65. He then states I was doing _84_ and asks me why. I try to remain calm and explain to him exactly what I've stated above and that I know I was wrong and am not going to try to lie or talk my way out of that. I just simply was concerned for my safety with the manner that the Suburban and Jeep were driving as prior coming from NoHo forward and that this was my first opportunity to pass.
he looks at my license and the LTC-A permit and then asks if I am carrying right now. I respond yes, I am. He asks where to which I reply right side 3 O'Clock at the hip and IWB. I also have a spare magazine on the opposite side and a can of OC/CS in my left rear pocket but I do not report this ashe did not specifically ask for more info.

And then he notes the t-shirt I just happened to be wearing.
It's a Northampton Police emblazoned 'Citizens Police Academy' shirt. that I had gotten from them a couple of months ago.
The only reason I selected it to wear outside away from my home is because I had no other clean shirt that I could wear to get dirty per my visit to S&W where I had expectation to be lifting some things and getting dirty. Otherwise I have NEVER worn that short beyond my own property. So I tell the officer I got it from the NoHo police as per the program I was participatory in.

The officer says wait here, walks around to the front of my truck, and then walks to it's rear on the left side using his flashlight to look around within it. I'm driving my wifes SUV which is full of car seat and kid stuff like strollers, blankets, and toys. It's a rolling toy box.

A second cruiser arrives as backup and he takes a position to our lower left maybe 10' to the rear.
I call S&W and let them know I've been pulled over for speeding at a rate that is high and I'll either be late, or arrested. The officer returns to my passenger side window which I fully did not expect. I figured he'd come to my drivers side and ask me to step out...to be cuffed.

He hands me back my documents and gave me a verbal warning to slow down. He states flatly that the ticket would have been $190 (!).
I thanked him and promised that I would be more careful with my speed.
I drove away and made it to S&W just 4 minutes late whilst driving at 65 the rest of the way.

Was it my shirt o my having had an LTC-A as issued from a generally ranti-gun town or was it that my demeanor was relatively calm and I choose to not try to BS the officer or was it that he understood and witnessed my situation as the Jeep and SUV were just to my left when he jumped into the road. There is no way he missed them.
I don't know. But the guys at S&W figure it was the shirt I was wearing.

That is the first time I've worn a gunfu shirt in public in over a year aside from when I teach BHE courses and have afterward stopped in at public places to grab a bite to eat while wearing such emblazoned shirts and hat.

As my own general rule I don't wear gunfu gear because I wish to remain grey as related to my carry condition. I stand out enough as it is being a minority in a place that is largely of the majority. Last thing I need or have desire to do is to wear my politics on my sleeve. I can cover that in person with people direct at my choosing and in the courses I instruct toward same.
But Sunday for some reason wearing that gunfu shirt seems to have been an item that saved my butt.

- Janq

#16 ·
I usually don't wear 'gun shirts' but I do wear this quite often...
Embroidered Hats and get lots of questons.
---------------------------------------------------------

Janq...go buy a lottery ticket...it's certainly a lucky time for you.:yup:

#17 ·
Later that day Retsupt I did in fact buy a trio of lottery tix, one for each of the pots for this week.
I rarely buy lotto tix but then I rarely find myself side of the road talking to the po-po about my road speed and figuring on being arrested either.

I've not had the nerve to check the tix win/lose status.

- Janq

#19 ·
I frequently wear a t-shirt I got from Gunsite, which is really just a shirt with the Gunsite raven embroidered on the left breast. "Joe Public" will be clueless that this is - in fact - a pro-gun shirt. Heck many firearms enthusiasts are clueless. Occasionally I'll get someone who recognizes it and asks a question like "when did you take your 250"...

#21 ·
I don't wear them on my own time, when going out, etc. I will wear gun company shirts at work at the gunshop. If I stop for a burger, to get gas or a loaf of bread on the way to or from there I don't worry about it. I just don't do it going out to the mall with the family or anything. I prefer to blend in.

#22 ·
Yeah, I wear shirts with gun logos and pro-2A messages. I doubt it makes any difference to the scum of our world, but it does disturb the sheeple. Sadly, too many of them are oblivious!

#23 ·
I wear NRA shirts, Glock shirts, Harley shirts.
Gun shirts get me questions and sometimes students, Harley shirts get me bad looks ...

#25 ·
I have a Springfield Armory sticker on the back of my glass with an American Flag as part of the picture. I have a support the troops magnet yellow ribbon on my bumper, and I have a Navy plate on my front plate holder. I do however own a Kimber hat I only wear it to the gun range or out in the woods. Other than that I really dont know why I dont own any gun shirts? I might go get some at a gun show now. It shows people that they live in a nation of guns and it is okay. There is nothing wrong with it.

Why can a motorcross fan wear a shirt, a nascar fan wear a Dale E. hat, or a paintballer wear a Tippman shirt? TO represent their hobby or favorite sport.

I think that we as gun owners should be proud to wear our hobbies on our clothes.

Have anyone ever thought that by wearing a big shirt with "Got Glock?" on it a detterent against a potential mugger or criminal? He sees that and sais' that dude might be packing, lets pick another sheep err.. victim?

#28 ·
Update:

Retsupt I checked the three different type lottery tix I'd bought.
Every one had just one number matching. :|
$4 wasted to the state...But it's far better than $190. :)

BTW right now I'm wearing a Rayburn Law Enforcement Training branded t-shirt.
Small logo on front left chest and huge variant of same across the entire back.

Aside from going outside later today to mow my lawn it will not be worn in public, per my usual.

- Janq

#30 ·
Sometimes

I wear two, from time to time.

One is a put-down of a well known anti-RKBA NOVA politician, likely only understood by a Va pro-RKBAs activist.

The other says, "If you don't like my gun rights, you can go straight to Heller."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.