Glock smooth trigger?

This is a discussion on Glock smooth trigger? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anybody try the Glock smooth trigger? What's your opinion on it over the stock, serrated(?) one? I'm thinking about swappiing my G33 and G29SF over ...

Thread: Glock smooth trigger?

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar

Glock smooth trigger?

Anybody try the Glock smooth trigger? What's your opinion on it over the stock, serrated(?) one? I'm thinking about swappiing my G33 and G29SF over to smooth triggers. It's not an expensive change at about $16 but I was just wondering other's experiences before I pull the trigger.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Do it. For smoothness, I would put it up near a good SA.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Thanks,

I didn't think it did anything to the actual action of the trigger but just to the feel on my finger? It's smooth where the stock trigger has serrations.

VIP Member
    Sorry!

I really should read the whole post!

My gunsmith polishes the trigger ACTION which takes out the little "wall" in the Glock trigger. This makes for a very nice even pull.

As far as the trigger face I can't help you, sorry.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Sorry!

I really should read the whole post!

My gunsmith polishes the trigger ACTION which takes out the little "wall" in the Glock trigger. This makes for a very nice even pull.

As far as the trigger face I can't help you, sorry.
    No problem. Thanks again for the input.

I did buy a LWD 3.5 connector (not installed yet) and have been thinking about also doing the '.25 cent' trigger job on my Glocks. It supposedly will make a big difference in the Glock's trigger action. The smoothing your Gunsmith did is probably the same thing as the .25 job most folks do on their own.

Glock installs the serrated trigger on the small and medium guns for import points. It counts as a target trigger. The insanity of that alone would make me want to change it out. I have smooth triggers (and Lone Wolf connectors) on all my Glocks. It makes a big difference in feel as well as comfort after a long shooting session.

Interesting, but I'm very skeptical about changing anything on my two Glocks (other than night sights)...I'm just sayin'...
    My triggers seem just fine to me...but I think I'm going to ask my neighbor (a range officer cop), and a local gun shop 'smith' about it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    Glock installs the serrated trigger on the small and medium guns for import points. It counts as a target trigger. The insanity of that alone would make me want to change it out. I have smooth triggers (and Lone Wolf connectors) on all my Glocks. It makes a big difference in feel as well as comfort after a long shooting session.
    Thanks for clarifying that. I noticed the bigger Glocks already have the smooth trigger. I'm with retsup on minimizing or not adding any mods to my Glock outside of night sights and GAP/Pearce extensions but I've read that the LWD connector and smooth trigger are the ones to do if you're going to mod anything. The smooth trigger is an actual Glock part so I wonder if I would have any warranty issues if needed?

Thanks again.

What perceived benefit do you think you'll realize by swapping the trigger?

(I'm another one who adheres to the school of thought that says any modifications other than good metal night-sights are completely unnecessary and in some cases, detrimental to the gun's reliability)
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    No problem. Thanks again for the input.

I did buy a LWD 3.5 connector (not installed yet) and have been thinking about also doing the '.25 cent' trigger job on my Glocks. It supposedly will make a big difference in the Glock's trigger action. The smoothing your Gunsmith did is probably the same thing as the .25 job most folks do on their own.
    Yep, the difference is astounding with no difference in reliability.

Muk

I've put the smooth G17 triggers in both my G19, and my G27. No issues.....and makes shooting the G27 much better for me. Direct drop in replacement...easy to do. If I had to charge you for it would probably be $50 parts included. But you can do it for the price of the trigger ($13)+ shipping. Best prices I've found for the G17 trigger are at topgunsupply.com. Tom is the best in my book, but shipping rates went up a bit recently, so if you make a parts order through him, I suggest making the shipping costs worth your while. I'm actually getting together a list of my own right now for mag springs and followers and trigger springs and such. I've been dealing with him for a couple of years now, and I've made him my primary source for Glock factory parts since my days of dealing with Ajax.
    Remember....you want the G17 trigger w/trigger bar whether they mention 'smooth' or not. They will be. Of course all this goes for the current or third generation Glocks. The smooth trigger is an upgrade as far as I'm concerned, and it even seems to change the feel a bit as to the reset and break of the trigger in the compact and sub-compact Glock pistols. If/when I get a G23, I'll install another smooth G17 trigger in it as well.
    TRIGGERS W/TRIGGER BARS - Top Gun Supply

G27 frame with G17 trigger installed and serrated trigger out. test function by dry firing several times before going live at the range.

Quicky disassembly vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No4SA6v6xjE
    Last edited by Ram Rod; July 2nd, 2009 at 10:33 PM.

No warranty issues with the trigger swap. The instructor in my armorer class said they also ship the small ones in with adjustable sights for import points, too. They pull them off on about 3/4 of the guns and add in the fixed or night sights here. That is insanity to me.

I have a big wish that all the gun companies in the world just did like Barrett when it comes to idiot gun laws and restrictions. Can you imagine what would happen if all the cops in the country couldn't get sidearms because of that? I bet the laws would change and quick.

Links