New Beretta NEOS and a Question

This is a discussion on New Beretta NEOS and a Question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I had to get myself a new toy. One, for the ability to practice shooting at a generally cheaper price, 2 for the fun ...

Thread: New Beretta NEOS and a Question

New Beretta NEOS and a Question

So I had to get myself a new toy. One, for the ability to practice shooting at a generally cheaper price, 2 for the fun factor, and three because im geeking out for a new toy. I wanted a .22 and based on a few days reading and some of the threads here, I picked up a spankin new Beretta NEOS. Tee Hee. I also picked up a cheap red/green dot 30MM scope while I was at it.

I packed up all the goods with a brick of ammo, grabbed the wifey and hit the range. I gotta say I was never really enamored with .22 shooting before, but I had a incredibly good time shooting the NEOS, and so did the wifey. She practically commandeered it from me, but I held her off, reminding her that we can both shoot it anytime, heh. Still, we all know how this goes, I guess ill be buying another one soon. Anyway, I love shooting this thing. the red dot(my first) was awesome to use. It didnt take me too long to burn off 300 rounds. and I only had 2 FTFs. She cycled very nicely. If I had another brick, I would have shot more, and I also brought our 9MM carry pieces to practice with, and my Kimber .45 for big boy caliber fun.

Ok, so my question is, while cleaning the NEOS last night, which by the way is really easy to do. I found that the slide's breech face has seemed to have already worn the bluing off if it already. Is that normal for this type of gun, and/or the NEOS? There was some lead fouling before I cleaned it, but the silvery color seems to be the underlying metal, Since im new to rimfire ammo and arms, I am not sure if this is a common thing due to the way it all works. Ive included an attached pic of the breech face after a thorough soaking and cleaning, and removal of lead and powder fouling. Oddly, the mating surface to the slides breach face area im talking about, on the barrel still have its blackish, blued color, and light signs of wear. Otherwise, the gun seems to have worn normally.

Anyway, should I be concerned wit this? I assume like any other gun, as long as its clean and lightly oiled, it will be fine?
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Neat toy!
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    Neat toy!
    Yeah, she was a blast to shoot. Its a great little gun, im just concerned about the wear on the breech face. If worst comes to worst, ill warranty it if I can, or by a stainless slide.

Links