2 of the same gun

2 of the same gun

This is a discussion on 2 of the same gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My wife has been giving me a good ribbing over this one for a few days, but I haven't had any second thoughts since I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 of the same gun

2 of the same gun

My wife has been giving me a good ribbing over this one for a few days, but I haven't had any second thoughts since I decided to do it.

I have a S&W M&P .45 that I really like, shoots great groups, feels good in the hand, etc. etc. I also had a SS Colt .45 1911-A1 Government Model. I liked this gun also, but just the other day ended up trading it to the local gun shop for a new S&W M&P .45.

So now I have two of the same gun. I like it for the fact that the M&P is my daily carry gun and now I have a spare, just in case. I guess I am just wondering if having to if the same gun is out of the norm?

VIP Member
    Not abnormal, I have two Colt Detective Specials, nothing wrong with that. One I bought one many years ago from a detective needing alimony money, the other I got a good buy on because it had horrible plastic mother of pimp grips, those were discarded for a set of Pachymer compact grips.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Yes, you should send one of them to me.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

I had two Ruger Vaqueros, but I needed them for SASS.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

There is nothing wrong with 2 of the same. For me its a constant battle to restraing from purchasing another firearm! For example I was in my favorite gun store in Long Island when I saw a beautiful Ruger LCP .380 brand new in the box! I think he wanted $349. I was so tempted to purchase that puppy. Actually depending how my finances are I may purchase it next week. SHhhhhhhh. Dont tell my wife! LOLOL

I have two High Powers in 40.

It makes sense to me. I plan to get a third.

Biker

VIP Member
    I have two of the same, sort of, a XD sub-compact and a XD 4" service, both in .40 s&w.

Totally normal,.. Special when one is your daily carry... It is good to have a backup that your comfortable with and practice with.. :-)...

I'll stand in line behind Pastorpact,. If your really feeling bad about it, and feel Arizona is a better home for it, you can send it out in the sunshine????

Lets face, buying a gun is like buying art work. The craftsmanship, style, presentation all create a powerful incentive to purchase. Besides that Ruger LCP that I am eyeballing, I also looking at a used Smith & Wesson 6906 9mm. This model was constructed back in the early 1990s. I am looking for one that is Condition New in the box. I had one back in 2005 and sold it. Man, I regret it.

If you ever have to use your handgun in self-defense, it will probably be taken by the police as evidence. It can also break or be damaged, require maintenance, or you may want to send it off for a gunsmith to do some work on. Having a backup for your primary carry gun available is quite sensible.

I have 2 g17s....

good to have a backup for competition purposes or breakage

Quote Originally Posted by TucAzRider View Post
    I'll stand in line behind Pastorpact,. If your really feeling bad about it, and feel Arizona is a better home for it, you can send it out in the sunshine????
    Tucson, AZ is a great place. I spent 3 weeks there this spring and was there again the last week of June. For work of course at some big place where they make missles... Just so happens my M&P made the journey with me both times (although I couldn't bring it with me to work) - Anyway, Tucson could very well become its new home if I get a job offer there...

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I have two Steyr M9-A1's, two Walther PPS's, two Polish P-64's and three AR-15's. But sadly, only one Glock for now. So my answer is no, you are not out of line.

I think you have stumbled onto a good approach to a BUG, spare parts, a second gun you know, a NY reload, and just a great idea.

I have thought about a second Glock-36 for a number of reasons, my wife wife advises me that I should 'think' a little more about it.

Stay armed...bring the 'twins' along...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight412 View Post
    Tucson, AZ is a great place. I spent 3 weeks there this spring and was there again the last week of June. For work of course at some big place where they make missles... Just so happens my M&P made the journey with me both times (although I couldn't bring it with me to work) - Anyway, Tucson could very well become its new home if I get a job offer there...
    Yep,.. I know the little place that makes the Miss - isles....

Your welcome to become a Arizonian,. The more 2A pro people, the better..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links