44 Mag

This is a discussion on 44 Mag within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Got to shoot dr_cmg's 44 Mag today. Shot at a 1 Gallon Milk jug filled with water and the top screwed down tight. Shot was ...

Thread: 44 Mag

44 Mag

Got to shoot dr_cmg's 44 Mag today. Shot at a 1 Gallon Milk jug filled with water and the top screwed down tight. Shot was made with a hollow point round. Made the shot and the World blew up!

Well actually I followed his lead as he had already shot a like target. We been needing some rain in this part of Alabama anyway so for a short moment, it rained. LOL! What a sight when that thing blew! My wife, who was sitting in her wheel chair, grabbed her heart and said her favorite words with greater intensity than she usually says them, "My Soul"! What fun today on the range!

Take Care all
    Boze
    Boze
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to, this is the last stand on earth." Ronald Reagan

"Gentlemen, Prepare to defend yourselves" SGM Basil Plumley

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like a great time.
    I used to set up plastic milk jugs for our .22 pistols. We shot at quite a distance, but we would fill them with water and coloring. That would enable one to see 'where' you hit it.
    Obviously, with a .44mag, that's not a problem...if the jug disappears, you hit it.

Glad you wife enjoyed the day, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sounds like a great demonstration of hydrostatic shock. I always did something like this to show new shooters the dramatic effect a bullet can produce.

bosco

VIP Member
    It is always fun to shoot tgt's like that and 12 oz cans full of liquid..

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Sounds like a great time.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Links