PM40, Many Dog It, Why?

PM40, Many Dog It, Why?

This is a discussion on PM40, Many Dog It, Why? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just got my PM40. Went shooting today. 50 rounds at 15 yards in a 4 inch group using the 5 round magazine, no magazine extension. ...

Thread: PM40, Many Dog It, Why?

PM40, Many Dog It, Why?

Just got my PM40. Went shooting today. 50 rounds at 15 yards in a 4 inch group using the 5 round magazine, no magazine extension. Shooting while standing, not bench rest shooting. No control problems here. I don't know why, but it seems like a lot of people really dog the PM40. It sounds to me like it doesn't matter what you shoot, you just have to know how to shoot. While in the military, I shot 298 out of 300 while qualifying with the standard issue Beretta.

Just sounds to me like a lot of people need to get back to the basics of shooting.

Administrator
    I havent heard people dog the PM40. Its a nice pocket rocket. Most prefer the 9mm version, but thats about it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I was going to post a detailed list of why I sold mine but
    after rereading your post I think I'll just say nothing.
    I hope it works out for you
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

I have shot one before, but I rarely see them at the range or for sale. Never really heard anyone say anything bad about it. Hope you enjoy yours. It is a fine handgun. jh

Maybe I should have been more specific before. I have not read many complaints about the PM40 on this site, I meant to say just on the internet in general. Sorry if I made it seem like I was just trying to cause trouble or something.

I have got much good advice already from this forum. I think its the best one out on the web! I found out about Crossbreed Holsters from this website. By the way, I love the Crossbreed MiniTuck for my Ruger LCP. I'm going to order one for the PM40.

Here is why I chose the PM40. I heard from some other people that Kahr makes a quality firearm but read alot of bad things regarding the PM40. I'm sure that most people who frequent this site have read and know all the short comings of the PM40. I was wondering to myself if maybe Kahr worked out some of the kinks of the PM40 since it was first produced. I had always eyed the Kahr's up at the local Sportsman's Warehouse and thought they would make a good concealed weapon because of the size of the weapon. I looked at many other pistols but was wondering if I would actually carry it concealed because I thought they were maybe a little too big. I figured if I was going to spend the money, I might as well get something I was sure that I would be able to always conceal with the widest range of clothing. I just didn't want to spend a lot of money to have something sit on the shelf because I later find out that its too hard to conceal and you can't return firearms. I already have a Sig P226 that sits around because it's harder to conceal.

The day before I bought it, I called Kahr Technical Support. I asked them if they have been having a lot of problems with the PM40 still. Of course he said did not know of any ongoing problems. I asked him specifically if the PM40 had a history of jamming problems, which I already knew about but wanted to hear what he had to say. He told me that if you don't use the slide release and try to just rack the slide by hand, you may cause a jam because the slide will not slide forward with enough force and not allow the slide to return to battery. If I would operate the pistol according to Kahr recommendations, I would have no problems (of course he would tell me that). And that I should always have a firm grasp on the weapon and not limp wrist.

I figured I'd just take my chances and hope for the best. So far so good. Shot another few rounds today and no problems.

I own several Kahr handguns (P9, T9, K40). I've never owned a PM40, but I've had the chance to shoot one. The .40 S&W is a relatively high-pressure round. Hot loads can even push my K40 around a bit. You've picked one of the "most extreme" (both small & powerful) models in the Kahr line-up. That combination inherently requires more skill & attention than does the other end of the scale (large & less potent), regardless of the brand or style of handgun. It's a lot like owning a light, high-horsepower Sports Car. Sounds like you're experienced enough to successfully run and enjoy your choice. Congrats!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    If your PM40 works, you are blessed. I don't know the percentage that have issues, but some certainly do. I only know one person, personally, outside of the world of the internet, who bought one, when she transferred to doing undercover narcotics work. Hers had issues; she replaced it with a Kel-tec, if I remember correctly. Not long after her transfer, she disappeared from the face of the earth, or so it seemed. UC guys and gals don't hang around the police station.

Sponsored Links