OFGC Steel Challenge 8/1/09 Barling, Ar

This is a discussion on OFGC Steel Challenge 8/1/09 Barling, Ar within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just putting this out there for any of you close that would like to make a Steel Challenge match near Fort Smith, Arkansas on August ...

Thread: OFGC Steel Challenge 8/1/09 Barling, Ar

Just putting this out there for any of you close that would like to make a Steel Challenge match near Fort Smith, Arkansas on August 1st. You can be my guest at the Old Fort Gun Club river range near Barling, AR. Me, my better half, and her sister are making this one. PM me if interested. Love to meet you. Match fee is $10 and minimum round count is 150 on six stages USPSA rules, bring your most trusted 22lr pistol or your favorite carry piece in 9mm, 40S&W, or 45acp. Check in starts at 9:30, and start time around 10 am. Learn some of the rules, get to meet some great folks (and me), informal for the most part but always safe, bring your gear and some water, and have some fun! I know opportunities don't arise often for some who have never been to a match of any sort and we always look forward to friends that will help pick up brass! No need to be a club member....you'll be my guest. That's as far as I'll go..(bring your own ammo and ten bucks)

Well, the rain held off for all the fine folks who came out to shoot today at the OFGC river range. Humidity was high, and the mosquitoes were loving it. Overcast and high temp around 81 with a sprinkling of rain at stage seven for our squad...just enough to spot the score sheets. I got to run the timer and R.O. the R.O. when it was his turn to shoot, so I built on my NROI level 1 class I took this past month. I shot my G17 with 3.5# connector, and my wife shot the stock G19 she shot at the previous match in June. We'll see how it all comes out, but it was one of the most fun crowds I've been around at one of these matches so far and everyone really enjoyed themselves. We missed you, so maybe next time? Same offer still stands....you can be our guest for a match.
    My wife took pics with her camera today, so we'll have to wait for her to post some up this evening or tomorrow. I won't prod her too much about getting it done since she's on her work schedule tonight...and besides...I'm proud of her and blessed with the best woman in the world that enjoys the same things I do, being with me when I do them, and participating and enjoying it all as well. A true life partner and brass picker-upper!

VIP Member
    Hey RamRod,

I'm glad you folks had a good turn out. I would have happily taken you up on the offer, but it was just a little too far to drive! -lol (Michigan)

Right now, I'm getting ready for the GSSF Great Lakes Regional Classic next weekend. This will be my first shooting competition. I hope it is as fun as yours sounded.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Senior Moderator
    Dang it. Had I seen this before now, I would have attended.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Hey RamRod,

I'm glad you folks had a good turn out. I would have happily taken you up on the offer, but it was just a little too far to drive! -lol (Michigan)

Right now, I'm getting ready for the GSSF Great Lakes Regional Classic next weekend. This will be my first shooting competition. I hope it is as fun as yours sounded.
    I did the 'Hangin' Judge Glock Challenge last year by GSSF at the club range! I still have my score sheets. I came out with some freebies, but no pistol prize. You'll enjoy it for sure. Excellent way to get started in competition! Only a handful of GSSF matches nationwide each year, so just consider you being able to make it to one of them a stroke of luck. I took off work last year and burned two vacation days to attend the one here. As I look back, I could say maybe they'll have one again close enough for me to attend in my lifetime...but what I can say is that I did shoot and attend a GSSF match and I'm really happy with that. Good luck by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Dang it. Had I seen this before now, I would have attended.
    Sept 5th, Oct 3rd, Nov 7th. Be glad to have you. In your case, I'd even put down your $10 entry fee (the first time). Mark your calendar!

I had to get the camera upload to work (and work with the camera) so my wife could get the pics up. She's had a long day after working all night and taking a nap now. She'll post up the pics she wants to soon, but I wanted you all to see she caught me with my game face.

Dang ram rod, I just saw this tonight, I would have liked to have came up and shot some. Oh well, maybe next time.

Well, the dates are posted for the remainder of the year. Three more to go. Again...love to have you, be great to meet you, great folks to be around, learn, and have fun. I'll try to remember and send you a PM a week in advance as we prepare for each match, but don't count on it since I've got so many fires burning most of the time.

Finally - Pictures from 8/1/09 Steel Challenge OFGC

Finally - here are the pictures from the OFGC Steel Challenge on 8/1/09. It was a great time, great weather and a great crowd. The pictures show each of the six stages and a couple of us and our new PT. Enjoy.
    Stage 1

Stage 2

Eyes & Ears Everyone !

Lovin IT !

Stage 3

In the Shooters Box

Stage 4

Old West Style

Stage 5

Stage 6

Too Cute ! I want this in back yard (complete with firing range !)

Our new PT - it carries us to the range just fine !!!

I Like it almost as much as "my" Glock

Recovery Time - working nights bites !

This was my second competitive shoot and I really enjoyed myself (both times) and improved my scores and times too !! Looking forward to the next one - ya'll come join us.

Sponsored Links