Warning!!

This is a discussion on Warning!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I wasn't sure where to post this. I have gotten 2 email recently with the title of "Stolen Guns Hurt Everyone". And, they offer to ...

Thread: Warning!!

Warning!!

I wasn't sure where to post this. I have gotten 2 email recently with the title of "Stolen Guns Hurt Everyone". And, they offer to sound very well in keeping stolen guns out of shops and so on. However, the site is FIREARMSFAX and they want you to list your firearms there so that they can be compared to a database in the event they are ever stolen. I have seen some other warnings on other forum sites I belong to about this, so I wanted to put it here.

I do not know which sub forum to place this. I do not like the idea of putting all my firearms serial numbers on some website so that someone, someday can use this against me either in a court of law or by confiscations. I don't like to volunteer such information, like I don't like to volunteer too much other information about my identity online either for identity theft purposes.

What do you think? Have you heard of this before? I don't even know if you visit it online that they don't drop a cookie in your computer to trace back where you came from to do a site visit. I suggest some site like Pizza Hut or other that is harder to trace back a location if you do decide to go there.

Just passing this along.. hope is it helpful!
    Vern
    http://Taurus45ACP.com
    My wesbsite with many pro-gun links.
    Carry Taurus 24/7 Pro in .45 ACP

2. Remove Ads

Why in the world wound anyone "register" their guns on a sit that may be liberal sponsored, especially if you have guns that are not registered.

When ever someone wants to do something for me, I always reach and get a good tight hold on my wallet, or in this case my guns.
    Steven
    The "news media" has ceased being the watch dog of the people and has become the apologist for an irresponsible government.

VIP Member
    Just another money making scheme someone has come up with. I keep all my gun serial numbers on computer media and have it available if needed. Why pay someone else to keep it for you. Not to mention that I wouldn't trust most of them anyway. What if they decide to sale your info, or just give it away to some anti organization?

VIP Member
    Gee, why would anyone give someone else the serial numbers of their guns?

Keep them on the 'puter, and on a piece of paper. Put a copy in a safe place.

The only reasons you'll ever need them is if there are manufacturer's recalls or you need to report them as stolen.

I don't upload my printer's serial number, my microwave oven's serial number, my wife's sewing machine's serial number. I don't see the point. Maybe your own homeowner's insurance might want to keep it for their records if they would cover the loss, but mine doesn't and I think it unlikely most do.

Sounds like some sort of scam or phishing for information site that you want nothing much to do with.

Sounds like Schmuck Schumer has a side job. I would avoid that site like the plague.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Pictures and serial numbers in bank safe deposit box. Guns in 600 lb. safe bolted to the floor. I think I got it covered my self....... but thanks for the offer!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

That's crazy! You can bet your last dollar that some folks will be more than happy to go along with something like that though.

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    IMHO only a complete idiot would do such a thing as that.

I hope they don't think that we are that stupid! What gun owner in his/her right mind would trust a web site with a list of all their guns? At times I am truly amazed as to what some people think of doing with their time!

Sadly, I have a sneaking suspicion that some people will fall for this ruse. Hopefully not too many.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Nope, nada, never, zip, zero...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Pictures and serial numbers in bank safe deposit box.

Same here.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    gee...and I was going to give them my credit card and bank account numbers too...you guys just took the wind out of my sails

Not going to happen any time soon.... +1 for Schmuck Schumer sounds just like him.
    Tom
    Osculare pultem meam! - Kiss my grits!

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    gee...and I was going to give them my credit card and bank account numbers too...you guys just took the wind out of my sails
    LOL, yah sure.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Along with your date and place of birth and SS #; sounds safe enough to me

Links