Electronic Pistol Box

Electronic Pistol Box

This is a discussion on Electronic Pistol Box within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just picked up an Electronic Pistol Box made by Homak off of Amazon. It was $34 with free shipping so I thought it was ...

Thread: Electronic Pistol Box

VIP Member

Electronic Pistol Box

I just picked up an Electronic Pistol Box made by Homak off of Amazon. It was $34 with free shipping so I thought it was a pretty good deal. Setting up the code was a little difficult as the instructions are not the greatest, but once you understand what you are supposed to do to change the code, it was pretty easy. It uses 4 AA batteries and has a pretty unique back up feature. Because it has no key lock mechanism, they put a set of external contacts underneath the keypad, so if your batteries go out, you simply take a 9v battery and push it onto those contacts and that powers the keypad.

It's not made to be a high security lockbox, nor is it fire-proof, so don't expect it to keep things safe if you leave the house for a week. It's made to keep the firearm easily accessible to the proper people and keep kids or other curious individuals from easily gaining access to your pistol.

The one I purchased appears to be out of stock on Amazon at this time, but here is a link to it in case anyone is interested. The have another model with similar dimensions that's a little cheaper, but I didn't like the door configuration on that one.

Amazon.com: HOMAK HS10036684 Electronic Access Pistol Boby, 10-Inch by 5.5-Inch by 7.5-Inch: Home Improvement

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I bought one too. I found the code reset button in an extremely hard to locate position and not well documented. The box has an awkward design and tends to tip if not hard mounted.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    Yeah that button took me quite a few minutes to find because the directions were not very clear. I have mine laying flat with the door pointed upwards so I haven't had any tipping problems. I like the fact that the door stays closed if you don't push it to engage the spring, so it will relock on its own.

Cool. Thanks for the tip
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

VIP Member
    Sure thing, glad I can contribute a little. Looks like they have them back in stock now too!

Links