P7 for 800 dollars?

P7 for 800 dollars?

This is a discussion on P7 for 800 dollars? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I found a P7 locally here for 800 dollars... I know these are great pistols, insanely accurate, and most consider it the best semi ever ...

Thread: P7 for 800 dollars?

P7 for 800 dollars?

I found a P7 locally here for 800 dollars... I know these are great pistols, insanely accurate, and most consider it the best semi ever made, especially for the 9mm cartride.

anyways... I wanted to get everyone's opinion a P7 I found today. ok condition, it said Kds on the side (could this be the year? '94?) and it has the european mag release at the heel of grip. 8 round magazine. seemed to function fine

I was thinking put it on layaway and take care of it in a month or so...

is this a good deal? I've seen them go for 1200 bux or so, but i'm not sure if thats another high priced P7 or something

btw, it was blued

edit - i checked on gunbroker, and it seems like u can get one around 700-800 bux... this one's only advantage is that I can put it on layaway and pay as I go I guess....

well, just found this, and they do layaway... I might as well go with this, save a 100 bux, and its not hell release. US style?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=135706281

There is one listed on here for $650 plus shipping and FFL. Your going to have to pay those from gunbroker, so add it into the total cost.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-refub-az.html
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

I never add up the FFL and the shipping because here i gotta pay tax so.. and on top of it, here u gotta pay FFL $$ for the bg check anyways so...

i guess 800 ain't worth it then

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

How does the condition of one compare to the other?

The one on Gunbroker seems to be alittle dirty, IMO. It also seems to have the 'converted heel mag release'. Also it appears the grip screws do not match ( looks like there is only one original). Can't be positive because of the light but it looks that way to me. And it DOES have the European heel release.

They both seem to be the police imports that hit the states about a year ago. Most of the recent P7 (Trussville, Al) police imports , if I remember correctly, had the curved thumb rest on the left grip pad. The one on Gunbroker does not. I tend to like the other grips myself, the ones that are curved.

If you get the Gunbroker one, you'll still have the pay an FFL transfer fee. Buy local and you see and touch what you're getting.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    How does the condition of one compare to the other?

The one on Gunbroker seems to be alittle dirty, IMO. It also seems to have the 'converted heel mag release'. Also it appears the grip screws do not match ( looks like there is only one original). Can't be positive because of the light but it looks that way to me. And it DOES have the European heel release.

They both seem to be the police imports that hit the states about a year ago. Most of the recent P7 (Trussville, Al) police imports , if I remember correctly, had the curved thumb rest on the left grip pad. The one on Gunbroker does not. I tend to like the other grips myself, the ones that are curved.

If you get the Gunbroker one, you'll still have the pay an FFL transfer fee. Buy local and you see and touch what you're getting.

P7 fanatic, where in FL are ya?

JD
    Administrator
    If it's a "A "grade it would be worth it, it's a little high for a "B" grade.

They are fantastic guns, and the supply of them is eventually going to dry up again.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    If it's a "A "grade it would be worth it, it's a little high for a "B" grade.

They are fantastic guns, and the supply of them is eventually going to dry up again.
    I would say B grade, closing in on C

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    P7 fanatic, where in FL are ya?
    NW Fla. Panhandle.

:urla9ub

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    I would say B grade, closing in on C
    I'd think about walking back into the local store and asking to see the box it came in. If it's got a matching serial# box, is labeled A grade, has an extra mag, and either an original brush or takedown tool, then it's probably good buy if it's clean with no bad marks. Offer less and see if he takes it. What's it hurt?
    If it's a B, offer $700. tops. C - $600. - 650. tops.

Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    I'd think about walking back into the local store and asking to see the box it came in. If it's got a matching serial# box, is labeled A grade, has an extra mag, and either an original brush or takedown tool, then it's probably good buy if it's clean with no bad marks. Offer less and see if he takes it. What's it hurt?
    If it's a B, offer $700. tops. C - $600. - 650. tops.

Just a suggestion.

It's gander, so I doubt they will do anything with the price. I'll go tomorrow and find out about the box and stuff tho

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    The one on gunbroker you linked to is a heel catch (European) mag release, sometimes referred to as a PSP (although collectors get picky about that term too). A P7 with an American style mag release is designated as a P7M8, and usually go for more money.

Sponsored Links