Glock 26 or 19???

Glock 26 or 19???

This is a discussion on Glock 26 or 19??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok... I was thinking about a p228 until even ppl at sigforum reccomeded a g19... And it's a steal at less than 400 with the ...

View Poll Results: Which pistol?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock 19

57 55.88%
  • Glock 26

37 36.27%
  • Neither, get a used P228 for even more $

8 7.84%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Glock 26 or 19???

Ok... I was thinking about a p228 until even ppl at sigforum reccomeded a g19... And it's a steal at less than 400 with the military disc...

However, now I can only purchase one pistol for now... So I must decide...

Do I want a glock 19? A very good compact pistol and about the same size as the 228 that I wanted... However it's not a small pistol.

Or do I want the G26? Small as heck, decent capacity for the size and I can just throw it in my cargo shorts 'Picket if I wanted, or even ankle carry if I ever decide to... This would compare to the p239 I wanted to get...

Just FYI I live in s FL where it's 100 lately and I'm 6'2 and 190 lbs, my EDC is a p226 which is a huge pistol to carry but I manage it.

I'm an excellent shot with the p226, so I'm not sure how I'll be with the g19 or g26 and the odd grip angle and all

I also know if I don't like them/it I can get rid of it without a problem... I've seen an 04 build g19 go for 450 and 08 g26 go for 550 on my local forum lately...

I just wanted to know everyone's opinion so I can make a better decision :)

Shoot them both to see how they fit your hand.
    The G26 is a better CCW IMO
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Distinguished Member
    How big are your hands?

Mine are pretty large, and shooting even a compact Glock is difficult for me.
    A sub- is nigh impossible. I can only get one finger on the grip...

VIP Member
    Is this for primary carry or BUG?

I was making the same decision awhile back. For me it came down to the fact that the 26 is just TOO small in my hands. In order to make it managable in my hands, I would have to add the pinky extension. This would have made the grip right around the same length as the 19, which of course, is the hardest part to conceal.

Long story short - my decision was for a G19.

Just my $.02 worth. Good luck.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Roadrunner, ure right... The grip is the hard part to conceal. I do have large hands wear XL gloves if that helps)

I guess I'll stop at the local shop today and check it out... I did want a small pocket gun, but I've heard so many ppl (eve. Sigforum!!) saying g19 is the best semi 9!! lol...

Funny... I said I'd never get a glock... For what I hear and the price tho, I might take the plunge

primary carry btw.

VIP Member
    Funny... I said I'd never get a glock... For what I hear and the price tho, I might take the plunge
    It's amazing how many GLOCK owners say that!

BTW - in the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that I consider the G19 a little on the small side. I REALLY like to carry the G21 - just not in the summer!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I wouldn't be able to conceal a 19 as easy,.. And I like the fact the my pinky goes around the bottom of the grip.. I have a plus 2 for it, and use that for a backup mag, but I find shooting more accurate with the standard mag,..

This is just my take on it,.. As mentioned above, you need to go and shoot them both and your choice will be made up.. :-)

Even though I love .45, 9mm is my choice of ammo... Cheap to shoot, I can get free gold dots, and I'm just better with it :)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    Even though I love .45, 9mm is my choice of ammo... Cheap to shoot, I can get free gold dots, and I'm just better with it :)
    Ha! Free is GOOD!

Can I give you may address?!?!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I like the Glock 19. It is a little hard to carry in the summer with a T shirt. I carry that about 9 mounths a year and a Kel-Tec PF9 in the summer.

cmb
    I don't see a big difference in the 19 over 26 in size, maybe for ankle carry but not IWB or OWB. I would either go Kahr or kel-tec if I wanted a micro pistol or go 19 or 17 in a glock. i got in the car after lunch and it said 104 degrees and my 1911 agreed it was hot but siad he'd stay with me anyway...

Personally I have talke myself into a 17 (and thanks to the folks on the forum a KT sub 2000 to buddy up) b/c of the decreased weight and size of even a 1911lightweight. I will be on the prowl as soon as I can scrounge up so money!

IMO, In your case go 19... or at the very least get the extended grip thingy and use 19 mags in the 26 when you can...

The Glock-26 is the easier to conceal of the two...and adding the pinky extension does NOT make the gun the same size as the G19. There was a picture a while back comparing the two...couldn't find it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Just been thinking... I think I'll check out the G26 and if it feels good in my hand, I might go for it. In the near future I'll get the P228 instead of the G19 like I wanted...

Or I can suck it up and keep carrying my bigass 226! lol

G26 is great, it just takes some getting used to. You are ultimately the one who knows what works best for you.

I've owned the Sig228 and it's much heavier than the Glocks.

One plus to either Glock is that you can use the G17 magazine- giving you 17 rounds in your back up!
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

kpw
    Trade the 226 for a 228 and buy the 19. Best of both worlds!
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links