Thug Gets No Ammo...

Thug Gets No Ammo...

This is a discussion on Thug Gets No Ammo... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Had a rather good experience at the local gun shop/range to share. My brother and I were there recently to shoot a few of the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thug Gets No Ammo...

Thug Gets No Ammo...

Had a rather good experience at the local gun shop/range to share. My brother and I were there recently to shoot a few of the guns and it happened to be a very busy day and we had to wait for a lane to open up. It was crowed with other shoppers as well. While were waiting we were looking at some of the guns in the display cases. About that time a young lady and another gentleman had entered the store and approached where we happened to be standing.

You know the type...white sneakers... shorts hanging low... underwear hanging out... wife beater shirt with gold chains... hat on crooked. She doesn't look much better with her hoochy momma outfit and purse hanging off her. As we were near the area the store where they kept their .40, .44, .45 ammo behind the counter they walked right up next to us. She starts asking the clerk about .40 JHP ammo.

Not really concerned with the quality she asks the price on several brands to which she then translates in spanish to her "companion". He nods and she turns and says to the employee that they'll take xxx brand. The boyfriend takes out his wallet and hands the girl about $40. The employee had the box on the counter at this point watching all of this. She turns back to the employee and the boyfriend starts walking out seemingly now uninterested in the rest of the purchase.

The employee then says he needs to see an I.D. and she starts to open her purse to retrieve hers. The employee looks at her and says, "Not yours, I need to see his I.D. since it is his money." By now he is out the door. She looks at the employee and goes... "Oh... this is my money." The employee not missing a beat says, "So he's carrying your money in his wallet while your just carrying your own purse?" Looking lost and incredulous she again says that the money is hers.

At this point the employee snatches the ammo off the counter and tells her rather loudly that he doesn't sell to liars and asks her to leave! Stunned ... the perps... I mean boyfriends woman gathers herself with what dignity she has left and leaves.

Needless to say the boyfriend never reappeared to present his own I.D. or money to purchase the ammo. I applaud the employee for standing to his principles and denying the sale for the sake of making a buck. Plus it was a pretty good show to boot.
    Last edited by JD; August 7th, 2009 at 02:23 PM.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    You never know...it could have been her cash in his wallet...she may have had a really full purse!!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Quote Originally Posted by pcon View Post
    You never know...it could have been her cash in his wallet...she may have had a really full purse!!
    You know... you're probably right. He holds all her money in his wallet... she holds his 40 in her purse. No room for the money. It's a relationship of love.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    We do this at work all the time. If someone comes in for ammo, and even speaks about it to another person that is with them, we ask ID for everyone involved. If any one of them is under 21 (for handgun ammo) we decline the sale unless we know for a fact it is a father/son type transaction and there will be supervision involved.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    We do this at work all the time. If someone comes in for ammo, and even speaks about it to another person that is with them, we ask ID for everyone involved. If any one of them is under 21 (for handgun ammo) we decline the sale unless we know for a fact it is a father/son type transaction and there will be supervision involved.
    In our instance neither person appeared to be under 21. It simply looked like bad people who were looking to buy ammo for bad intentions. My instincts could be wrong but I doubt it as the man could have simply come back into the store with money and I.D. to buy what he wanted. The sad part is they probably found it somewhere else and are now trained in how to get around it next time or in another store.

Saw a guy get turned down for an AR 15 sale at a local shop. He was in NC but from GA. When they ran the check something did not come back right. No sale. Although the ammo impresses me, they took a serious loss not selling that AR. Though loosing your FFL would be worse I guess. Glad to see folks trying to do the right thing, even in tough times.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Saw a guy get turned down for an AR 15 sale at a local shop. He was in NC but from GA. When they ran the check something did not come back right. No sale. Although the ammo impresses me, they took a serious loss not selling that AR. Though loosing your FFL would be worse I guess. Glad to see folks trying to do the right thing, even in tough times.
    Losing your FFL is a very big possibility in these kinds of transactions. It is a Federal matter to sell guns or ammo illegally to minors or to those without ID or in other situations where the law is ignored or even "bent".
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Don't worry, she was probably carrying his glock for him, you can't keep those things fixed in the waistband when the pants are halfway down your butt.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

I have experienced something similar. Had a young fellow come in with his girlfriend to buy .45 ammo. I got it out and asked for I.D. He puts down his money and she hands me her I.D. I asked" Who is this for?" The young man said is was for him. "I need to see your I.D., sir" She volunteers the fact he is not old enough to purchase it and she was going to do it for him. I told them that was against the law. They asked if I could look the other way and do it. I said no and they began to get an attitude. I called my manager and he told them the same thing I did. The young man informed me I cost my store a customer.The manager just grinned. I would rather lose a customer than do the wrong thing.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    The clerks actions may have prevented a drive by. Considering the scenario, the duo were probably illegals, him with no ID. She just happened to speak English.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

If I got ID'd for ammo, I wouldn't come back to the store, either, but I guess kudos for you and your gunshop commando with his holier than thou attitude.

There have been many times when I have went to a gun store with a friend in order to give advice about a purchase. Heck, the first time my wife ever bought a gun, I did just about the same thing. Let her shop, gave her the go ahead, handed her the debit card, and she filled out the paperwork...
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Thanks for posting. It is nice to hear of gunshops doing the right thing.

I know some of us may get "offended" when ID'd for purchasing ammo, but it doesn't bother me. Some may call it profiling torefuse service to 'banger types, but we're talking ammunition here.

It would not make any sense to blame the seller of the ammo, seller of the gun, or the manufacturer of either product-but that is exactly what would happen in our society. With the microscope that gunshops are under right now I can't blame them for being extra cautious.

Keep up the good work, if you wanna card me go ahead I got nothing to hide.

Joker1

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Kerbouchard;1250767]If I got ID'd for ammo, I wouldn't come back to the store, either, but I guess kudos for you and your gunshop commando with his holier than thou attitude.

Apparently you haven't bought ammo at Wal-mart, they always ID you when you buy ammo.

No big deal! Keeps the Illiegals from buying ammo, which is probably the case with OP's post.

You call it holier than thou, I call it good instincts on the gun shops part!!!
    [One Nation Under God]

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    If I got ID'd for ammo, I wouldn't come back to the store, either, but I guess kudos for you and your gunshop commando with his holier than thou attitude.

There have been many times when I have went to a gun store with a friend in order to give advice about a purchase. Heck, the first time my wife ever bought a gun, I did just about the same thing. Let her shop, gave her the go ahead, handed her the debit card, and she filled out the paperwork...
    im pretty sure they didn't want them to come back.
    gunshop commando? for doing his job right.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndsupporter View Post
    Apparently you haven't bought ammo at Wal-mart, they always ID you when you buy ammo.
    Not always. My brother and I bought some .22s at a WM in PA a couple weeks ago and we weren't ID'd. I'm 26 and he's 23.

We don't look like gangsters, though.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links