Thank you to The Amory in Kearney, MO

This is a discussion on Thank you to The Amory in Kearney, MO within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Jim and Susan from The Armory in Kearney, MO! I have been trying to convince ...

Thread: Thank you to The Amory in Kearney, MO

Thank you to The Amory in Kearney, MO

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Jim and Susan from The Armory in Kearney, MO!

I have been trying to convince my girlfriend to consider getting a home defense gun because she lives alone for months now. Up until this point she has fought me tooth and nail, refusing to go look and just acting generally disinterested when I would bring up the subject of guns. She feels safe in her apartment (not that that's a bad thing) and refused to believe that anything bad could happen and she would need a gun to protect herself in her home(when I would press her, she simply stated that she would just run away).

Anyway, after a bad experience of being treated like a "stupid little girl" at another gun store, it took two weeks to get her to agree to visit The Amory. After a 45 minute visit with Jim and Susan and lots of questions on her part and patience and clear, simple explanations on theirs, she is actually excited to buy a Walther P-22 and learn how to shoot! Its amazing and so frustrating that because they were a neutral party in her mind they were able to do in an hour what I have been working towards for months.

Thanks again for a great day!

2. Remove Ads

Its amazing and so frustrating that because they were a neutral party in her mind they were able to do in an hour what I have been working towards for months.
    Anything to get the job done (sounds like a good store)
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Get used to it :). Hey, you laid the groundwork.

VIP Member
    Good story! I will have to drop by that shop sometime.

Links