What magazines do you read or that are better than others?

This is a discussion on What magazines do you read or that are better than others? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In a recent order a merchant included a copy of swat magazine. I have never been one for magazines but I really enjoyed reading some ...

Thread: What magazines do you read or that are better than others?

In a recent order a merchant included a copy of swat magazine. I have never been one for magazines but I really enjoyed reading some of it and it got me thinking there are likely a lot out there. I want to subscribe to a few, any stick out above the others?general gun related, more specifics, training/skills/tip types, etc.

I plan on going to a bookstore and thumb through some the next time we are in town, but that may not be the best indicator.

American Handgunner is now my favorite gun related rag. The articles are more often thought provoking and complete than those offered elsewhere. I think the magazine is consistently worth its price.

I prefer "American Handgunner", "Combat Handguns" and "Guns & Weapons For Law Enforcement".

If I'm sitting on the toilet chances are I'm reading one of them.

Biker

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I enjoy getting American Rifleman at the end of every month since I'm a member of the NRA, and I enjoy Combat Handguns every once in awhile.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I think Swat has a lot of good content. AH is a great mag as well. Combat Handguns is good but it seems like every issue is nearly the same as the last.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Combat Handguns for me this week. I buy off the newstand according to articles that interest me. Not a fan of any particular firearm magazine or periodical. My American Rifleman keeps me up to date on everything else.

American Handgunner is about it for me.

Guns & Ammo is a total rag. It used to be good, but now it's thin and crappy. They're trying to give it away for $10 a year. Not worth $5.
    John
    Cape Canaveral

I only read Handloader magazine.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I read Guns, American handgunner, and a few others depending on the articles.

American Handgunner, Combat Handguns and Freedom First from my NRA membership.

American handgunner and especially SWAT magazine. You would be very surprised at how much content there is in there that applies to civilians. Some good second amendment commentary too. I highly suggest you pick up a couple of issues if you havent already!
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

I try to read them all, when I can afford them. I see it as my patriotic duty to try and support the firearms press as much as possible, because I can see many stores that used to sell these publications choosing the PC path and not carrying them any longer.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I enjoy Combat handguns, but Shotgun News (funy name considering the contents) and Surplus firearms are the ones I really look forward to.

My wife gets annoyed as I never get around to tossing any magazines.

DM2
    Magazines with digital editions

You may also want to cross reference this thread on magazines with digital editions.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

Thanks all, that helps quite a bit. I subscribed to SWAT as I already enjoyed the one, and will likely do American Handgunner as it is repeated over and over as a good one. The others I am going to check out at the bookstores soon. Really appreciate it!

Sponsored Links