44 Revolver of some type

44 Revolver of some type

This is a discussion on 44 Revolver of some type within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I live in Florida and a dear friend in San Diego who's husband died a few years ago has a ? 44 in a cowboy ...

Thread: 44 Revolver of some type

44 Revolver of some type

I live in Florida and a dear friend in San Diego who's husband died a few years ago has a ? 44 in a cowboy action rig of some sort had some ammo green from corrosion in the holster. She asked me what should she do?. Charlie brought it from Indiana forty years ago, back when there was no problem. I told her, her Boys might want dads gun, but with the California Laws I did not know what to tell her about the corroded ammo (how to dispose of it) or about California's transfer laws or ownership etc.. Bottom line she has a weapon she has no use for, no training for. Whether her sons do or not I do not know.

Advice Appreciated

Regards
    Rick
    "Fail Your Way To Success"
    "A Goal without a Plan, is Just a Dream"
    "Age and treachery will win over Youth and Enthusiasm"

First off, if the weapon is not registered in California, call a attorney and turn it over to him or ask him what needs to be done. Being California if the authorities find her with it she could be in big trouble.

As for the ammo? How much is there? if there is a couple hundred rounds, i would get a inertial hammer and take them apart. Remove the projectile, empty the case and then drop the case with primer in a bucket of oil for a couple days and then throw them in the trash.

or take them to a gun store. There maybe a gun club near by that will take the ammo and dispose of it for her.

Other than that I don't know what to tell you?
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
    First off, if the weapon is not registered in California, call a attorney and turn it over to him or ask him what needs to be done. Being California if the authorities find her with it she could be in big trouble.

As for the ammo? How much is there? if there is a couple hundred rounds, i would get a inertial hammer and take them apart. Remove the projectile, empty the case and then drop the case with primer in a bucket of oil for a couple days and then throw them in the trash.

or take them to a gun store. There maybe a gun club near by that will take the ammo and dispose of it for her.

Other than that I don't know what to tell you?
    He may or may not have registered it in CA when their laws became restrictive. Since she is the surviving spouse, as long as she can legally own a gun, it shouldn't be a problem for her having it. Have her or her sons talk to a gun dealer and see what she needs to do to sell it, if that is what she wants to do. As far as the corroded ammo. I'd guess the gun range could advise her on that as well. She may have access to a HAZMAT disposal location where she could drop it off also.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links