Open carry to Obama town hall meeting...

This is a discussion on Open carry to Obama town hall meeting... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by PointnClick I love Janq... he never shows up to class without his homework.... Originally Posted by TN_Mike I think he's a true ...

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Open carry to Obama town hall meeting...

Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    I love Janq... he never shows up to class without his homework....
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I think he's a true patriot and one of the honest to goodness supporters of the Second Amendment.

I support him 100%

+100

I love reading Janqs posts. Always well thought out and worded well. I can not, however, say the same for SefDefense. This thread has simply re-enforced that feeling....
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Another clap for Janq...

always a class act...
    Plus a million... and I like your style Janq.
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Just guessing here, but his post maxed out my sarcasm meter.

Bob The Great's signature sez...

"A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."

Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?
    Consider that swiped... I'm gonna use it to chum the water at Huffington Post...

Feel free
    Last edited by HotGuns; August 13th, 2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: deleted quoted post
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

if the protesters were black panthers, acorn, or any left wing organization they would be ignored by the media as people just excersing their rights and nothing would be done about it other then keep the people out of the designated safe zone. Even if the extremists were carrying clubs and OCing.

see the idiots on the media and the trolls here on the board dont seem to care that this person was OUTSIDE the designated safe zone. Had that individual try to enter into the private event area deemed the safe zone he would have been detained plain and simple. With just cause.

Presidential visits are a private event, thats why you have to have tickets to go see presidents or candidates.

the only thing this chap did was fuel arguments and make the liberals want to trample more rights.

I disagree. I believe it was a lawful and important exercise of that man's rights. He is making a statement, and for the reasons cited above, I commend his bravery. Not sure I have the sack to do the same.
    It was his way of showing peaceful dissatisfaction and it worked. It got national attention and here we are discussing on a forum.

It is causing many people to think. That can't be a bad thing.
    I agree with both of you. That's just what I was thinking when I read about it. Bravo to the man for his courage!
    I ain't what I otta be, I ain't what I wanta be, I ain't what I could be,

But thank God, I ain't what I used to be,
    And, Praise God, I ain't what I'm gonna be!

II Cor 3:18

VIP Member

re: Jang

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Hopyard,
    Would I personally do such a thing or advise another to do such a thing? Nope.
    - Janq
    And that is really the crux of the issue. You as a sensible person would not have done such a thing. You would have put on your thinking cap and realized in advance that it was inappropriate and quite possibly could get you in deep trouble. Possibly had you done it the authorities would have been less tolerant. No?

The man who did do such a thing therefore did something which was not sensible.

There is such a thing as common sense. You have it. He didn't.

VIP Member
    I love Janq... he never shows up to class without his homework....
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post

I love reading Janqs posts. Always well thought out and worded well. I can not, however, say the same for SefDefense. This thread has simply re-enforced that feeling....
    Another clap for Janq...

always a class act...
    ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

+ whatever
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Senior Moderator
    There is such a thing as common sense. You have it. He didn't.
    I disagree.

He had the common sense to exercise a LEGAL act and he did it exactly as he was supposed to. He was on private property and with in LEGAL bounds.

Just because you don't like it or agree with it doesn't mean that the man had no common sense.

Apparently the police and the Secret Service thought he had it or he would have been just one among many nameless that would have been cuffed and stuffed in the back of a patrol car.

He was dangerously close to walking over the line, yet he didn't. He was bold and calculating and what he did made some people uncomfortable. He got up off the couch and DID something.

Positive change in a negative situation doesn't happen by itself, it happens only when someone has the gonads to step out of the norm and do something different.

I marvel at those that criticize the man's act from the comfort of their homes while sitting in front of a TV or a computer.

This man took the lead. Who knows? We might look back years from now and see it as one of the first steps to the general public accepting the fact that owning and carrying a sidearm for personal defense is not the evil thing that that many of them have been taught.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I disagree.

He had the common sense to exercise a LEGAL act and he did it exactly as he was supposed to. He was on private property and with in LEGAL bounds.

Just because you don't like it or agree with it doesn't mean that the man had no common sense.

Apparently the police and the Secret Service thought he had it or he would have been just one among many nameless that would have been cuffed and stuffed in the back of a patrol car.

He was dangerously close to walking over the line, yet he didn't. He was bold and calculating and what he did made some people uncomfortable. He got up off the couch and DID something.

Positive change in a negative situation doesn't happen by itself, it happens only when someone has the gonads to step out of the norm and do something different.

I marvel at those that criticize the man's act from the comfort of their homes while sitting in front of a TV or a computer.

This man took the lead. Who knows? We might look back years from now and see it as one of the first steps to the general public accepting the fact that owning and carrying a sidearm for personal defense is not the evil thing that that many of them have been taught.
    A BIG AMEN to this Hotguns,. Very well said,.. .

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    Just guessing here, but his post maxed out my sarcasm meter.

No sarcasm at all, Bob... I think that is brilliant...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

VIP Member
    I disagree.

↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

And

The local LEOs had the common sense to not over react and to follow the law of the land.

And

The Priest had the common sense and courtesy to invite him to stand on the Church's private property.

And

The Secret Service had the common sense/professional wisdom/composure to not over react and to follow the law of the land, also.

The only lack of common sense I see is from those sitting/standing in front of a TV camera, or sitting at a news desk, or in front of a TV, or at a computer,
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member

re: Hot Guns

I disagree.
    That's why we discuss things. I just hope Jang doesn't get offended, because it sure looks like you are disagreeing with my comment that Jang has common sense. :) Just kidding.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    I was speaking of Jason Rogers' post of course. it seems the other post I quoted went away
    No sarcasm at all, Bob... I think that is brilliant...

I disagree.

very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Why not? If they see this nut get away with it, what would stop someone with intent to harm using that strategy?

The fact is the most damaging event to our Constitutional Republic is the assassination of the President. And it is not some hypothetical thing. Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy, Ford, Reagan are real examples. Six of fourty-three is a very large number. We must do EVERYTHING to prevent it from ever appenning, difficult task under the best of circumstances. It has nothing to do with some moron parading around because he thinks it is his 'right.' It has everything to do with protecing the President no matter how many people get thei panties in a wad over their perceived 'rights.'

There is no right to carry a gun in the presence of the President. Some think it would be a great idea if there were 50, or maybe hundreds, that carried guns in the presence of the President. Are these people insane? The Secret Service has enough to do without some idiot protestor causing a waste of valuable resources. Every instant he was being watched detracted from a potential threat. And some want so many distractions that someone could actually effect an attack. And to glorify the misstake as if it were a virtue?

And some wonder why people think some gun owners are dangerous...No surprise to me.
    and this would be where we differ. You see, I view the "President" as no more important and carrying no more rights than you, Thanis, retsup, or anyone else for that matter. The fact that the "assassination of the president" is the most damaging event to our Constitutional Republic says volumes about our Constitutional Republic.

Why is it that because one man happens to be in charge of our military or sign bills that congress has already passed that that person garners more "rights" then the rest of us? Seems to me he's more of a King or demigod than anything else.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    That's why we discuss things. I just hope Jang doesn't get offended, because it sure looks like you are disagreeing with my comment that Jang has common sense. :) Just kidding.

Janq already knows that I like his style....
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Links