Open carry to Obama town hall meeting...

This is a discussion on Open carry to Obama town hall meeting... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Panic... man with a gun in New Hampshire... Click here...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carry to Obama town hall meeting...

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar

Open carry to Obama town hall meeting...

Panic... man with a gun in New Hampshire...

Click here
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

2. Remove Ads

Wow. That dippy brunette sure doesn't understand that LEGAL AND ON PRIVATE PROPERTY means that you can't be arrested or asked to leave the vicinity for carrying a firearm. And, of course, the NYC talking heads just can't understand that the world is much different outside of Long Island or Manhattan.

What I thought was weird was that the guy was on private property with permission and yet the cops stated that "as long as it was openly carried" it was legal. ***??? Since WHEN is it mandatory that while on private property you openly carry firearms? I always thought that you could carry a firearm any way you wanted so long as you were on PRIVATE property.

Is NH backwards in this?

MSNBC... nuff said.

I kinda liked the way they said,well I'm sure as soon as Obama shows up that guy will be nowhere around,In other words I'm sure the Secret Service will be violating his constitutional rights as they see fit
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Is that what was meant when Mr. President declared certain stupid people (me) to be "bitterly clinging to their guns & their bibles"? Where's this guys New testament?!?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    As much as I do not like our current fearless leader, the Secret Service does have broad discretionary power to remove weapons from anyone. I do not think he was too bright bringing a weapon to where the president was going to be.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    [SARCASM]Oh my gosh a "MAN WITH CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS" tackle him before everyone wants their constitutional rights too. [/SARCASM]
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    As much as I do not like our current fearless leader, the Secret Service does have broad discretionary power to remove weapons from anyone. I do not think he was too bright bringing a weapon to where the president was going to be.
    Oh i forgot that we must forfeit our constitutional rights when the pres comes to town. The serfs must not carry when the king is in town.

Most recent update I could find. Apparently he was left alone. The response from the national press is no surprise considering they mostly live in Chicago, D.C., Jersey and NYC .... Go figure.

MEN WITH GUNS -- OUTSIDE TOWN HALL
    Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 12:45 PM by Mark Murray
    Filed Under: White House, Ron Allen
    From NBC's Ron Allen
    Outside the event where President Obama will conduct his town hall, there is an anti-Obama protestor with a gun -- a pistol strapped to his lower leg.

The local police chief said it's legal for the man to have a registered handgun -- as long as it is not concealed. What's more, he is on private property, a church yard, which has given him permission to be there.

*** UPDATE *** More on the man with the gun... William Kostric is a married man in his mid 30S who works in sales. He says he moved here to New Hampshire from Arizona about a year ago, because it's a "live free or die" state -- and he thought Arizona was becoming too restrictive with its gun laws.

He's passing out a bookmark that says, "Join the Second Amendment Revolution, the most exciting pro-liberty movement in over 200 years."

He's a Ron Paul supporter, who opposes just about everything Obama, including health care reform.

The local police say he is within his rights to carry a handgun openly under state law. He was carrying a 9-mm Smith and Wesson strapped to his lower leg.

Police say he's OK on a public sidewalk. Kostric says he has permission from a church just down the street from the high school to be on its private property.

He says he was approached by a "detective," possibly a Secret Service Agent, who told him he could be arrested within 1,000 feet of a school with a weapon under a federal law. Kostric moved back to private property.

When Obama arrived, the police had Kostric under surveillance. A local police captain said the Secret Service has been "in the loop."

Kostric has been about 50 to 75 yards from the entrance to the high school, since about 11:00 am ET, doing interviews and carrying a sign and his gun and police have had their eye on him. But as long as he's been "cooperative," they have watched, but let him be.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

VIP Member

Some things just are not smart

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    ExactlyMyPoint, I agreed. Some things are not exactly smart even if they might be perfectly legal. And often surprise, surprise, what is done in the name of something dumb and erroneously thought to be legal often ends up badly for the perp.

A fool is a fool is a fool, and some folks just don't know the difference between being sensible and stupid..... these kind don't help our cause any whatsoever.

Senior Moderator
    Some states have the "meeting of any Government entity" clause in their concealed handgun laws. I know Arkansas does.

Basically, anywhere that a town,city,state or even federal town hall meeting takes place is off limits.

I guess that is not the case there.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    MSNBC = Fail.

"The gun is registered to him." I doubt it.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    MSNBC = Fail.

"The gun is registered to him." I doubt it.
    That comment is a slight and implies we need to register everyone's firearm and verify that he has our blessing to carry it. Forget the Constitution. Controlling the population transcends the rights the Founding Fathers put in our Constitution.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    I am so very happy that man stood out there with his weapon. He didnt bring it to make a statement or threaten life. He brought it because it is his moral obligation under our constitution to defend himself and his fellow countrymen against threats to their lives. Who knows when some deranged person with a gun comes out there to kill people and this man may stop the threat and save the lives of several people.

Sheep are being shown the light. maybe if 100 people shown up with open carry weapons it would be a massive thing to talk about.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    HotGuns sez...

Some states have the "meeting of any Government entity" clause in their concealed handgun laws. I know Arkansas does.

Basically, anywhere that a town,city,state or even federal town hall meeting takes place is off limits.

He was across the street on private property...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Links