New FFL C&R Licensee

This is a discussion on New FFL C&R Licensee within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just recieved my C&R FFL in the mail in only three weeks time! Would like any information on any online C&R dealers that give discounts ...

Thread: New FFL C&R Licensee

Smile New FFL C&R Licensee

Just recieved my C&R FFL in the mail in only three weeks time! Would like any information on any online C&R dealers that give discounts to FFL holders. Do I just send them a copy with a new original signature on it? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    John
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

2. Remove Ads

Copy your orginal with out your signature.Sign the copies in black or red ink and mail or fax them to the other dealer you are doing business with.With your C&R you may also purchase NFA weapons but you are still subjest to all NFA rules and paperwork!However C&R machineguns are the highest priced!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hablutzel View Post
    Copy your orginal with out your signature.Sign the copies in black or red ink and mail or fax them to the other dealer you are doing business with.With your C&R you may also purchase NFA weapons but you are still subjest to all NFA rules and paperwork!However C&R machineguns are the highest priced!!
    Thanks for the black and red ink tip. Being former military I try to use black ink for all government forms. This may be a stupid question, but what are NFA weapons? Is this the same as class 01 FFL weapons?
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

Midway USA, SOG, Brownell's, Numrich Gun parts, Aim surplus, Samco, Sarco Inc, Allan's Armory, Centerfire Systems, Century Arms, Graf and Sons, J&G sales, and Classic Arms are some places you get discounts or can purchase C&R firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWFD View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but what are NFA weapons? Is this the same as class 01 FFL weapons?
    Fully automatic weapons, suppressors, short barreled rifles and shotguns, destructive devices, and any other weapons. Any weapon that requires a transfer tax to be paid is an NFA weapon. Those weapons defined by Title II of 18 USC 922 as passed in 1934 known as the National Firearms Act of 1934, hence NFA weapons.

Misinformed people call them class 3 weapons even though there is no such thing as a class 3 weapon. They are all NFA weapons.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    Fully automatic weapons, suppressors, short barreled rifles and shotguns, destructive devices, and any other weapons. Any weapon that requires a transfer tax to be paid is an NFA weapon. Those weapons defined by Title II of 18 USC 922 as passed in 1934 known as the National Firearms Act of 1934, hence NFA weapons.

Misinformed people call them class 3 weapons even though there is no such thing as a class 3 weapon. They are all NFA weapons.
    +1 a class III is a SOT dealer.
    Tubby45 do you manufacture quality subsonic 7.62x51 or 5.7x28 rounds?

.308 ammunition is in development and will be released in September.

In order for me to invest in a cartridge I need to pretty much guarantee I can sell a half million rounds per year (500 cases). Speaking with my wholesale clients I don't think the demand is that high that I'd sell even 100 cases. Perhaps if one or two of the large national distributors like RSR Group or Accusport picks up my ammo, it might meet the 500 case threshold. If demand picks up greatly I will look into it. For the time being, I'm focusing on high volume production reaching upwards of 800-1,000 cases annually per cartridge.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    .308 ammunition is in development and will be released in September.

In order for me to invest in a cartridge I need to pretty much guarantee I can sell a half million rounds per year (500 cases). Speaking with my wholesale clients I don't think the demand is that high that I'd sell even 100 cases. Perhaps if one or two of the large national distributors like RSR Group or Accusport picks up my ammo, it might meet the 500 case threshold. If demand picks up greatly I will look into it. For the time being, I'm focusing on high volume production reaching upwards of 800-1,000 cases annually per cartridge.
    Thanks!I will check back with you in Septemeber.I post on Silencer Talk and Silencer Reasearch so I will PM you!

Congrats... and good luck.

Links