Sig P238 and customer service & shipping

This is a discussion on Sig P238 and customer service & shipping within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently posted a thread lamenting the fact that I was the only guy on the planet that had problems with the new P238. Bottom ...

Thread: Sig P238 and customer service & shipping

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar

Sig P238 and customer service & shipping

I recently posted a thread lamenting the fact that I was the only guy on the planet that had problems with the new P238. Bottom line, it wouldn't return to battery. After all kinds of attempts on my part, I sent it back to Sig. By coincidence, this was going to allow them to do a safety fix for a recall on some of the 238's.

They were good, sent a box and a UPS prepaid label. They we adamant that they could ship to my home after repair, no FFL required. I asked them on the phone, in an email and in a note I sent with the gun to ship it to my local gun shop. I was afraid I might not be home to accept delivery.

When I got it back there was no description of what work had been done to the gun except the recall work. When I got them on the phone it turned out they'd done quite alot of work on it but I had to pry it out of them. Strange. I explained that the gun still won't chamber Corbon. "Well we don't recommend hollow points for the first 500 rounds" they said. News to me. I've never seen/read/heard that. Anyway, my experience with their customer service is questionable at best. I won't hit all the details.

But here's the worst of it. After calling my local gun shop to see if it had been delivered yet, and it hadn't, I was just about to call Sig to find out the status. The doorbell rang. By the time I got to the front door I saw FedEx driving away and there was a box on the porch. Not only did they not ship it to the location I wanted.....it was simply dropped at the doorstep. There are so many things wrong with that I can't even begin to imagine it.

With the exception of Corbon, the gun seems to be operating very well now. That's the good news. But folks......watch out when sending something to Sig. This experience has given me a very bad taste regarding the professionalism in an industry that requires absolute attention to "details".
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

2. Remove Ads

EAJ
    Not my experience; I haven't had to send them anything recently however past service (most recent was about a year ago) was very good and all return shipments of firearms required an adult signature upon receipt. That said, a number of SIG owners have posted unfavorable customer service reviews, some of which are related to the recent P238 recall, in the SIG forums.

I've been communicating w/Sig and according to FedEx....the gun is still on the truck, as of Friday, and waiting to be delivered. Wonder what I've been shooting since Monday?
    Savage Heartland

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    I've been communicating w/Sig and according to FedEx....the gun is still on the truck, as of Friday, and waiting to be delivered. Wonder what I've been shooting since Monday?

It sounds like a FedEx problem to me. One bad driver can screw a lot up.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Yeah I have a feeling that I might just have gotten the driver in Dutch. I don't want to put someone's job a risk in this economy but the drop and run is unacceptable. So many "what if's" in this scenario is scares hell out of me.
    Savage Heartland

svgheartland, Im in the same boat, how long did it take for Sig to complete the work from the day you sent it in?

Links