Going after ammo???

Going after ammo???

This is a discussion on Going after ammo??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just found on Glockstore.com website. I don't know how valid this report is. If there is any truth to this ...I believe this can be ...

Thread: Going after ammo???

Unhappy Going after ammo???

Just found on Glockstore.com website. I don't know how valid this report is. If there is any truth to this ...I believe this can be scary.

This was passed to me via a reliable source....I have not spoken to the owner of Georgia Arms....but I believe it to be true:

Georgia Arms is the 5th largest retailer of .223 Ammo in . They sell reload and 9mm, .45, .223 ammunition. They normally buy spent brass from the US Department of Defense. Spent brass is "one time used" shell cases used by our Military for training purposes.

They buy the brass, recondition it, and then reload the brass for resale to Law Enforcement, Gun Clubs, Gun Shops, and stores like Wal-Mart. They normally buy 30,000 lbs of spent brass at a time….which, if you do the math, is a lot of spent cases....hundreds of thousands.

This week the DoD wrote a letter to the owner of Georgia Arms and informed him that from now on the DoD will be destroying the spent brass, shredding it. It will no longer be available to the ammo makers, unless they buy it in a scrap shredded condition (which they have no use for). The shredded brass is now going to be sold by the DoD to as scrap metal, after the DoD pays for it to be shredded. The DoD is selling the brass for less money than the ammo makers have been paying, plus the DoD has to pay to have the brass shredded and do the accounting paperwork.

This sure helps the economy now doesn't it? Sell cheaper to, and do not sell at all to a proven business. Any hidden agenda working here?
    Is Obama going after the Firearms Industry and our ammunition by issuing executive orders that have a great impact without much news coverage?

The Georgia Arms owner even related a story that one of his competitors had already purchased a load of brass last week. The DoD contacted him this week and said they were sending someone over to make sure it was destroyed. Shell cases he had already bought!

The brass has no value to the ammo maker if it is destroyed/shredded/melted.The ammo manufacturer only uses the empty brass cases to reload different calibers, mainly .223 ammunition.

The owner of Georgia Arms says that he will have to lay off at least half of his 60 workers, within 2-3 months if the DoD will no longer sell spent brass cases to the industry. Georgia Arms has 2-3 months of inventory to use, by summer they're out.

If the Reloading Industry has to purchase newly manufactured brass cases, then the cost of ammunition will double or even triple, plus we hear Obama wants to add a 500% tax on each shell.

If you're not outraged at what this administration is doing you should be!
    Get involved! It's Your Freedom and Our Country They're Stealing! If You Fail to Act Now, there may not be a Free United States tomorrow!
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

Um, I think this is old news and was quickly reversed. At least I hope so.

Joker1

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Yep, already been stopped!
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

VIP Member
    Yep, ancient history, thank God!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Smile

Thanks for the info. I'm glad this is a non-story.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

Sponsored Links