Shipping slide to Argentina

This is a discussion on Shipping slide to Argentina within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi guys im living in argentina and im planning to buy an slide for my g17 but no seller on the internet ships this part ...

Thread: Shipping slide to Argentina

Shipping slide to Argentina

Hi guys im living in argentina and im planning to buy an slide for my g17 but no seller on the internet ships this part to argentina. The question is i have a friend of mine living in miami who could receive it, so would it be legal for her to ship the slide to argentina. Thank you.

2. Remove Ads

I'm not sure but your talking about shipping a gun part internationally,It's not the same as shipping interstate AFAIK
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    I think you have to go through the Department of State to get permission. Here is an excerpt from the ATF FAQ's.

(L2) Does a licensee need an export license to export a firearm? [Back]

The GCA does not require export licenses. However, most firearms and ammunition must be exported in accordance with the provisions of the Arms Export Control Act of 1976. Regulations implementing this Act generally require a license to be obtained from the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, Department of State, PM/DDTC, SA-1, Room 1200, 2401 E St., N.W., Washington, DC 20037; (202) 663-1282.

The export of sporting shotguns and ammunition for sporting shotguns is regulated by the U.S. Department of Commerce rather than the State Department. An export license is generally needed to export these shotguns and ammunition. For further information, contact them at their nearest district office or the Bureau of Industry and Security, Outreach and Educational Services Division, U.S. Department of Commerce, 14th St. & Pennsylvania Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20230, (202) 482-4811.

When exporting NFA firearms, ATF Form 9 must be completed and approved by ATF prior to export.

[22 U.S.C. 2778, 27 CFR 479.114 and 479.116]
    ATF Online - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Technically, the slide is not a firearm and the rules and regs posted here deal with complete firearms and ammunition. One thing that has to be addressed however is that while US law allows shipments of all parts except the receiver, what does Argentine law say? Once it enters their sovereign territory, different laws apply. They might have prohibitions or rules governing all firearms parts.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Welcome to the forum.

I agree that it's unlikely that a slide would pose any problems whatsoever, but it makes sense to verify via Argentine authorities. There's certainly no problem from the U.S. end.

On an unrelated note, where in Argentina, and if you're not Argentine, why are you there? I lived outside of BA for several years as a child a loooooong time ago. One of the best experiences of my life. Absolutely wonderful country and people.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Thank you people, as i beleived there will be no problem for my friend.

Welcome from Las Vegas, Nevada!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Links