Got a good weekend planned

This is a discussion on Got a good weekend planned within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You know, after reading paul34's posting about shooting for the first time, it made me realize how much I missed having someone to go shooting ...

You know, after reading paul34's posting about shooting for the first time, it made me realize how much I missed having someone to go shooting with. So I called up a friend of mine, had him call another of our friends, and planned an afternoon of just shooting.

All total, we've got about 500 rounds of .40 fmj, about 200 rounds of 12 gauge, and about 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 we want to shoot off.Also, one of my friends sons will be shooting his .22. They asked me to pick up some targets, so I'm wondering how many I should get? It'll be 4 shooters, all taking turns, and we're just going to have a nice relaxing day(no drills, or anything of that nature). Anyone got any suggestions?
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Get a metal target gong or 2, a box of clay pigeons (thrower optional), and about a dozen paper targets for on wood frames. Fruit is supposedly nice to shoot at but expensive IMO and a waste of good food.

I dislike INTENSELY those who shoot at TV's and other junk and then leave it (or the glass/plastic/metal fragments). Please do not do this and remember to clean up after yourself.

Well, we ended up using paper plates, paper targets, and some old full
    cans of beer that we found in my trunk. A good time was had by all. We shot for about 3 hours and only went through 300 rounds of 7.62x39,100 rounds of .40, and 60 rounds of 12 gauge.

Lots of fun, and can't wait to do it again.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    My son, his wife and I took 2 young French girls (14 and 17) for their first ever shooting experience. They were in a group of about 15 kids (none of them knew each other) that were invited by my son's church to spend a few weeks here for a cultural experience. Heck, most of the folks that live more than 300-400 miles from NE Texas would find three weeks here a "cultural experience". We started the girls with a Ruger SA Six, then a Ruger 22/45, and in less than a dozen shots each they were hitting 2 inch dots at 5 or so yards. The giggling (in French) was priceless. After a couple of magazines each with the Sig P6 and the Kahr CW9, and the NE Texas sun and heat, they decided they had experienced enough. The look on their faces would have been worth a picture when they saw my pull my shirt back to unholster the CW9 ... for the last 2-1/2 weeks I guess they had no idea. Towards the end of the trip I got my Beretta CX4 Storm out of the truck, but neither would have anything to do with it. I suppose it was a bit intimidating.

Anyway you look at it, there just aren't many days at the range that aren't good days, but I think Katana and I both got our money's worth today.

Just doing my part for international relations

surv

Links