I felt "protected"

This is a discussion on I felt "protected" within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My lady friend and I ( and no, I am NOT marrying again ) went for a walk. We were at her house. Not the ...

Thread: I felt "protected"

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

I felt "protected"

My lady friend and I (and no, I am NOT marrying again) went for a walk. We were at her house. Not the best neighborhood as it is a bit on the rougher side, but not terrible. I, of course, was carrying. She knows I carry.

I am not all that familiar with her neighborhood. Just about enough to get there and out again.

We walked down a little wooded path. As we came back out to the main street, I recognized a street name so I turned down that side street, mostly to get off the main road. Way too much noise, pollution, etc.

As we were walking down the street, I noticed a few police vehicles parked outside a house (obviously making a friendly visit) and a few shady looking characters walking the streets. I didn’t sense any danger, but I did say to her that this was not the best street to walk down. Why didn’t you stop me and pick a “better” route.

Her comment was, “oh I felt protected.”

We had a short discussion that I do not look for trouble. In fact, I tend to avoid situations where I may find myself there. Maybe we have been watching too many 24 episodes and she thinks I can save the day the way Jack Bauer does. She agreed to be a bit more aware of where we walk and avoid the questionable streets.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good point by you and good lesson for her. A CCW is not necessarily a ticket for safe passage.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    sounds like a lesson learned.

Be very afraid!

Now you have cornered her into taking a route that has jewelry stores everywhere.

Distinguished Member
    " I felt protected" I think I am smelling wedding cake.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    As a woman myself, sometimes feeling protected is nice, but I never count 100% on anybody else to do my job for me. I love hubby and wouldn't trade him for anybody else, he is as much a great back-up for me as I am for him.
    Now about your ladyfriend, if you care about her(how much is up to you and her), after her leaving such a great oportunity to broach the subject, I'd suggest a shopping trip. To the local fun, er gun shop so she can pick out one for herself.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

If she's comfortable in those neighborhoods, I'd be finding myself a new girl!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    I'd suggest a shopping trip. To the local fun, er gun shop so she can pick out one for herself.
    We have already talked about it. Even took her shooting. She has trouble killing flies. She could never pull the trigger on a BG in her house. I hate to say it, but she is better off NOT having a firearm in her house.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    If she's comfortable in those neighborhoods, I'd be finding myself a new girl!
    Ya, well, it has to do with the university she works for paying her to live close to campus. They gave her a "nice" down payment on a house because it was within 2 miles of the school. I would have looked in a different neighborhood.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Links