A plea for help from one of my friends

This is a discussion on A plea for help from one of my friends within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A Personal Plea for Help I was hesitant to share this matter with you all, but I think I'm angry enough now that I no ...

Thread: A plea for help from one of my friends

A plea for help from one of my friends

A Personal Plea for Help
    I was hesitant to share this matter with you all, but I think I'm angry enough now that I no longer care.

Firearms Dealer Arrested

This firearms dealer happens to be my father. As part of a general crackdown in the area, dealers are being targeted by municipal, state and federal authorities, ostensibly as part of an effort to "reduce crime". It was pretty big news for the city and, according to the city police chief, it is hoped that his arrest "sends a message to others".

What the public doesn't know is that the charges against my father are very difficult to prove in a court of law. He's accused of knowingly conducting "straw man" sales, whereby one person purchases a firearm for another, the latter being ineligible for various legal reasons(age, criminal record, etc). It has been revealed that the investigation started over 2 years ago when a mother complained to the police that her under-aged son had acquired a firearm from my dad's shop. The boy had received it from a friend who purchased it legally, but that point wasn't mentioned to the media.

Compare it to a store clerk being arrested for selling beer to a 21 year old(legal age here) who then gave it to a minor. Sounds a bit ridiculous, no? Oh, and authorities claim my father sold a weapon to a convicted felon who was a government informant. Federal criminal background checks through the FBI's NICS are conducting on every customer. However, a fake ID can be used to circumvent this system. This point wasn't covered by the media, either.

Oh, I forgot to mention that his business has been almost completely shut down, even though he has not been convicted of any offense. He's not allowed anywhere near firearms, all of his records were seized and his business is not allowed to purchase new inventory. All of this at a time when considerable legal expenses must be met. Attorneys aren't cheap.

My father is basically being held responsible for the illegal actions of others. They're attempting to burn him at the stake on some flimsy charges in an investigation that reeks of entrapment.

Those of you who wish to offer support, monetary or otherwise, may do so at Support Larry McCoy!.
    My buddy on another forum dad just got arrested and his store pretty much ripped away from him. Any support would be appreciated for attorney fees since he has no income now. A more lengthy story is on the link. Thank you. Any of you can pass the info on if you like. Tearing down honest people because a "crackdown" to further infringe on our rights.
    3/320th Field Artillery
    3rd brigade RAKKASANS
    101st AIRBORNE

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Personally, I feel the government should be held liable for legal fees should there NOT be a conviction or the charges are dropped. This is just a form of harassment. They have unlimited funds and resources and it is very difficult to fight back.

I wish him the best and hope everything works out for the best.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Personally, I feel the government should be held liable for legal fees should there NOT be a conviction or the charges are dropped. This is just a form of harassment. They have unlimited funds and resources and it is very difficult to fight back.

I wish him the best and hope everything works out for the best.
    Thanks, they would be a good idea but I doubt it could be carried out without real criminals slipping through the cracks due to the government being afraid to prosecute them. Also remember that money the government would pay them would be Chinese money indebted to you the taxpayer.
    3/320th Field Artillery
    3rd brigade RAKKASANS
    101st AIRBORNE

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    lawyers have to eat too you know...... jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Change you can believe in.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I hope that his will be resolved very quickly but unfortunately our legal system is in a crap game when it comes to speedy trials and the "innocent" man trying to get his case heard.

Have you contacted the NRA? I truly think we should have some kind of organization that collects dues just to defend the innocent. If the jury can't see that your dad can not see beyond what is black and white that is presented to him then it will be a huge problem. I know in NC the paper we sign says we are buying this gun for our own use and not for anyone else. Seems that would negate the ability of the police to charge the dealer. JMHO!

Good luck to your dad. Keep us posted on how things are going.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Where is this shop located? Need that info to flood local media outlets.

Wasn't Bloomberg doing the same thing in NY!

The Constitution when out the window a long time ago, and we just sat and watched it sail away.

Now with Radical Dems in control of the House, Senate and White House, they make no pretense as to being Constitutional in their actions.

It hurts the entire nation as well as individuals like your friends father.

I wish him the best of luck.

I wish I had some disposable funds to send your way. I'm spending all I can afford and then some just here on the local level in hopes of regaining control of either the House or the Senate next year.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by adaman04 View Post
    Where is this shop located? Need that info to flood local media outlets.
    Mobile, Alabama
    3/320th Field Artillery
    3rd brigade RAKKASANS
    101st AIRBORNE

Quote Originally Posted by grandma4 View Post
    I hope that his will be resolved very quickly but unfortunately our legal system is in a crap game when it comes to speedy trials and the "innocent" man trying to get his case heard.

Have you contacted the NRA? I truly think we should have some kind of organization that collects dues just to defend the innocent. If the jury can't see that your dad can not see beyond what is black and white that is presented to him then it will be a huge problem. I know in NC the paper we sign says we are buying this gun for our own use and not for anyone else. Seems that would negate the ability of the police to charge the dealer. JMHO!

Good luck to your dad. Keep us posted on how things are going.
    Its my friends dad and thanks for your concern. He has been talking to the NRA and hopefully will be getting some help through them as well.
    3/320th Field Artillery
    3rd brigade RAKKASANS
    101st AIRBORNE

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Wasn't Bloomberg doing the same thing in NY!

The Constitution when out the window a long time ago, and we just sat and watched it sail away.

Now with Radical Dems in control of the House, Senate and White House, they make no pretense as to being Constitutional in their actions.

It hurts the entire nation as well as individuals like your friends father.

I wish him the best of luck.

I wish I had some disposable funds to send your way. I'm spending all I can afford and then some just here on the local level in hopes of regaining control of either the House or the Senate next year.
    No problem, we are all strapped for cash right now. I'm doing the very same thing trying to sway votes for the next congressional elections.
    3/320th Field Artillery
    3rd brigade RAKKASANS
    101st AIRBORNE

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    The feds need their laws changed to stop requiring gun sellers to do their jobs for them.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I hope everything works out for your dad; he will be in our prayers...
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Support Larry McCoy!

He is charged with: one count of transferring a firearm to a prohibited person, four counts of sale and delivery of firearms without making required records and four counts of making a false entry in records.
    I am no fan of the ATF, but we all know FFL's have to follow the law to the letter. Like it or not, a FFL would be asking for it not following their rules.

I have not seen detailed information about the charges or defense so I am going to withhold any judgment or financial support. He may be an innocent victim of the ATF or he may have violated the law...

Respectfully, I hope justice is served.

This could be their new strategy to gun control.

Links