Defensive Carry banner

Taurus Judge?

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  kilroy2721 
#1 ·
I like firearms that are different and fun to shoot.
Been thinking of getting a Judge for awhile now.
Any owners out there have thoughts/reviews of the gun?
Mainly just to have but would probably end up carrying it in
my car sometimes and for HD

#2 ·
A search will turn up several threads on the Judge... most people seem to think of it as a "novelty"...

#3 ·
My buddy got one and shooting 4 pellet buckshot 2.5" loads they either grouped within about 4" at 10 yards or would scatter into about 8",I think if you used it as a car anti jacking gun at close range it would be devastating,but for CC there are a lot better guns

#4 ·
I would not be inclined to use one as a defensive firearm if I had other options.

As a "novelty" for plinking around the farm and such, have at it. :bier:

Biker

#6 ·
I have one and I enjoy shooting with it. It's light and not as heavy as you might think it would be for a firearm it's size. It's just a different type of tool in my toolbox.

#10 ·
not the the GREATEST thing out there, odd ammo for a SD gun (.45LC/.410) and a bit cumbersome when it comes to shape. Your choice is just that, YOUR choice, but in all honesty get something better for the money. Also, the judge WOULD however make a GREAT woods gun while hunting or fishing, make quick work of animals (45LC) or snakes(410 birdshot) that decide they want to taste you.

-Steve

#11 ·
I have one. It is not great for concealed carry. Mine is the 2.5 inch cylinder with the 3 inch barrel. This pistol is my; "It's a hoot to shoot pistol!":image035:
When I'm on the tractor in the hayfield, I carry it for snakes and 45LC is devastating on skunks and armadillos. :yup:
I take it for what it is and enjoy it. It is one of those pistols that everyone who comes over wants to shoot!

#13 ·
I have messed with one a few times. I don't see what all the fuss is about. The pellet spread was like 2 feet wide at 7 yards. In a SD situation, that is enough to hit a lot of stuff you don't want to hit. It is too big for CCW, but too small to be a real shotgun.

If you have lots of friends you like to impress, get one and a case of shells...

#14 ·
A friend of mine has one. It's not as hard to shoot as I first thought, given it's size. Shot shells are rather particular. My friend insists on useing .410 shells that are specifically made for handguns, as "standard" (off the shelf) shot shells tend to expand in the chamber, making reloading a chore.
It's too cumbersome for CC, I think, unless you're a big BIG man with a jacket.

#15 ·
The problem is - anytime you design/build/buy a thing that's intended to do two things, i.e.; cars that float, knives with scissors, *showgirls that cook (*possible exception), you run the high-odds risk that it won't do either of the tasks optimally. If you want a Judge, by all means, get one. But trying to kill two birds with one stone often leads to having...no dead birds :wink:.

#18 ·
If I or anyone else buys a "Judge" definitely should
be the model that holds the 3in .410 shells since it
they offer better defensive capabilities.
Really have done a lot of research on this gun
and it will also shoot .45 schofield rounds which
of course isnt as powerful as the .45 Colt round but
still thought it was neat that it will shoot 3 types of ammo.

#19 ·
We quickly sell every one we can get our hands on. Some of the folks buy it because it will kill snakes without having to get up close and personal with them.

Others buy it for home defense. All the ones we have had recently had 3" chambers. With buckshot, it is a fairly serious load. Many of the folks that buy it are not confident in their shooting ability and feel more comfortable with a shot laod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.