S&W lost my respect

S&W lost my respect

This is a discussion on S&W lost my respect within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In Dec. 2008 I purchased a M&P 9c for my daughters christmas present,at the time they were running a rebate offer for $50.00 or 2 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W lost my respect

S&W lost my respect

In Dec. 2008 I purchased a M&P 9c for my daughters christmas present,at the time they were running a rebate offer for $50.00 or 2 xtra magazines,I selected the magazine offer and filled out all the paperwork and submitted it in early January 2009.In February 2009 they ran the offer again,I guess they sold a lot of pistols with the rebate offer and noticed a slump in sales in Jan,I happened to buy a M&P 45c in Jan. and the offer wasn't available.As of today I have not received the Xtra magazines for the 9mm and after contacting S&W I was told they do not have them available yet.
    How can you offer a rebate on something you don't have and don't have available 8 months after the offer,not only that but run a second offer when you can't even fill the offer for the first rebate.Sorry S&W you won't see another penny of my money ever again
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Wow, that stinks. :(
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    How can you offer a rebate on something you don't have and don't have available 8 months after the offer,not only that but run a second offer when you can't even fill the offer for the first rebate.....
    Easy marketing often makes promises that operations cannot fulfill; so, as a salesperson I get stuck in the middle.

No not a saleman for S&W ..... just a similar circumstance
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Same thing here. I too got 2 mags. My gun is brown they sent me the mags in black. After months of calls and emails I finally decided to just buy the right color foot plates. The guy said they were back ordered 2 months?

I too am done with S&W. There products are good, but there CS in horrible.
    Good luck
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    ...I too am done with S&W. There products are good, but there CS in horrible...
    I just can't look at it that way. A quality product is a quality product. Now if I had a defect, or safety concerns, or clear defects they were not recalling, and was waiting as long as you and the OP have, it would be a problem.

A problem with a promo sale, it would go on my list of concerns, but I would not stop me from future purchase.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Delay on a rebate? With all due respect, I can be disappointed. I can be completely steamed. But a company like S&W will have to stub their toe a LOT worse than that for me to declare them off my "preferred supplier" list. If their products were junk, they'd have a BUNCH of mags stacked around to ship-out. As it is, the demand is so strong for their M&Pc models (I just bought one) that all available mags are shipping out with new guns! IMHO, enjoy the pistol & mags you've got, be patient...and show a little love to one of the world's premier Gun Manufacturers. They're not trying to disappoint you.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

S&W isn't doing too well as of recent. A good friend of mine has a Sigma that he has had to send back twice. Since going back this time they were on "shut down" for 2-3 weeks. So they have the gun that much longer, needless to say he is not happy with this.

Ape
    Customer service can make all the difference in the world IMO. I don't care how nice a product is or what value it offers. If the warranty and customer service behind that product is severely lacking, I have no need for that company's products.

Your story is much like one's I've heard many times on other gun forums dukalmighty. And for that I keep my hard earned money flowing to those company's who choose to see me and my satisfaction as important!

As we all know a mechanical device WILL break at some point. And when it breaks I'd like to know I wont be shuffled around in red tape and policies before my issue has a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    ...I don't care how nice a product is or what value it offers. If the warranty and customer service behind that product is severely lacking, I have no need for that company's products...
    I'll take a great product any day over a company who makes junk and has a wonderful exchange policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape View Post
    ...As we all know a mechanical device WILL break at some point. And when it breaks I'd like to know I wont be shuffled around in red tape and policies before my issue has a fix.
    I might agree with you about most products, but not a firearm. I don't pull the trigger with the thought, "...mechanical device WILL break at some point."

Lets face it, when something really does wrong with a firearm, I'm not looking good customer service. I'm looking for a good lawyer.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I had the same experience. Purchased a M&P on gunbroker. The seller told me about the upcoming rebate so I waited 2 weeks for him to ship it so the sales receipt would have the right date. Gun came in and I sent off for the extra mags. Offer did state it could TAKE UP TO 8 WEEKS. Three and a half months later the mags finally came in. I thought it was lousy service, but I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
    Surely they maintain a strict inventory and know how many guns the offer will apply to. With a little prior planning they should have a reasonable stockpile to live up to the offer. If the mags are flying out the door, don't offer the rebate. What's really funny, is if you look on gunbroker there are plenty of mags and M&P,s for sale. The shortage and extreme demand are in S&W's head.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

So, if you see an ad for a wallyworld TV on sale and you go there and they don't have one in stock but will give you a raincheck for when they come in from backorder then would you villify wallyworld for that ONE instance?

I think not.

S&W is a great company. They make a great product. IF the fact that their product is in high demand means that they are backordered for their free magazine offer, then how about just WAITING for your free stuff to come in the mail. I mean, it is FREE after all so what do you want for nothing?

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    In Dec. 2008 I purchased a M&P 9c for my daughters christmas present,at the time they were running a rebate offer for $50.00 or 2 xtra magazines,I selected the magazine offer and filled out all the paperwork and submitted it in early January 2009.In February 2009 they ran the offer again,I guess they sold a lot of pistols with the rebate offer and noticed a slump in sales in Jan,I happened to buy a M&P 45c in Jan. and the offer wasn't available.As of today I have not received the Xtra magazines for the 9mm and after contacting S&W I was told they do not have them available yet.
    How can you offer a rebate on something you don't have and don't have available 8 months after the offer,not only that but run a second offer when you can't even fill the offer for the first rebate.Sorry S&W you won't see another penny of my money ever again

Should've bought a Glock.

I agree that the described customer service is pretty bad. I'd guess that some of it is due to the huge increase in handgun sales we've seen since the election or thereabout. Maybe they could use some of those profits to hire more help. I'd guess that S&Ws reply to this suggestion would be

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    They make a great product. IF the fact that their product is in high demand means that they are backordered for their free magazine offer, then how about just WAITING for your free stuff to come in the mail. I mean, it is FREE after all so what do you want for nothing?
    I called S&W a while ago and talked to them about this very issue. They said that they sub out these magazines and are experiencing back logs on everything to do with the M&P mags. Especially the 9 mm. They said they are still filling rebate offers from months ago.

Think of it what you will.
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by ming View Post
    Maybe they could use some of those profits to hire more help.
    When I asked about this, he said they had about 12 people in CS.
    -Tony Soprano

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links