Thank You Wal-Mart

This is a discussion on Thank You Wal-Mart within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In theses times of ridiculous ammo prices and shortages, it was nice to find a couple of boxes of Federal 115g FMJ 9mm in the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You Wal-Mart

Thank You Wal-Mart

In theses times of ridiculous ammo prices and shortages, it was nice to find a couple of boxes of Federal 115g FMJ 9mm in the ammo case.

What was even better was the price $8.97 a box!!

What with cheaper than dirt (yeah right) at one point selling range fodder at well over $20, and Dicks and Gander Mountain coming in at $19.99, I really hope when the prices come back down people remember the companies profiting from their "pain", and take their business elsewhere!

Thanks Wal-Mart!!!

2. Remove Ads

Nice!!!
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

I am assuming you it was a box of 50. That was an amazing price. I paid 11.00 (Winchester) per box in the People's Republic of NY. For a box of 100 it was 22.00. Not too bad. One really has to pound the pavement to get good ammo deals. I refuse to pay 20 bucks for 9mm box of 50. However, if need be, I know of a place in Long Island, where I can get a box of 9mm for 15 bucks.

I believe Cabelas is backorderd for up to 6 weeks. They have great prices. If you are willing to wait, might be a good avenue.

I firmly believe that the current White House administration will try to tax and serialize ammo shortly. Hence buy up as much you can that your budget can allow.

Yeah it was for 50!!

It's almost as good as Dick's old $7.98/50 if you bought 10 boxes from last year.

Think I am gonna buy all my ammo from Walmart now, it's abit out of my way but at least I know they are never gonna try and rip me off like the other vultures all appear to be doing.

Just for info Walmart have a 6 box/day limit on ammo purchases to try to ensure fair allotment of the limited supply.

I'd say you did great.
    AmmoBank

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

We have that deal at the walmart down here as well. This weekend I went to the gun show, and a booth had the same ammo for 15 bucks a box. I giggled in my head!!!
    You can't go through life being afraid!!

Sig 229 .40, Taurus 605 .357, Keltec P32

Nice find. Did you find out what day the stock truck comes in? I'd be heading back for more the morning it arrives.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    nice
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Walmart here had about 20 boxes of 100 9mm at 20.00 each.

I stopped at Dick's Sporting goods last night and they had the shelves full of everything, including hollow points. However, the prices are higher than Walmart so they stayed on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
    Walmart here had about 20 boxes of 100 9mm at 20.00 each.
    Yeah...but the Federal is cheaper even if you buy two boxes to make that hundred. They work just as well for less. Our local Wal Marts have been having one or the other brand for quite some time now.

I dont think I'm gonna buy anymore just yet...I have 500 9mm and shoot 200 or so a month.

I certainly dont wanna pay non Wal-Mart prices, and I don't wanna add to the "panic" buying that appears to have created this whole situation, with alittle help from the American people of course, who elected Mr. O.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul1968mcr View Post
    I dont think I'm gonna buy anymore just yet...I have 500 9mm and shoot 200 or so a month.

I certainly dont wanna pay non Wal-Mart prices, and I don't wanna add to the "panic" buying that appears to have created this whole situation, with alittle help from the American people of course, who elected Mr. O.
    Just a friendly difference of opinion, but having a stock of ammo is not necessarily panic buying. These are uncertain times politically. And with the current economy, ammo prices are sure to go up sooner or later. I prefer to call it prudent and prepared.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Yeah...but the Federal is cheaper even if you buy two boxes to make that hundred. They work just as well for less. Our local Wal Marts have been having one or the other brand for quite some time now.
    Yea I know, but these are the first packs I've seen here in quite a while. I don't have a 9mm so doesn't matter to me.

aag
    I was at a local Walmart yesterday, and noticed that Federal 9mm which used to be 8.97 is now 9.47 (and OOS), and Federal 40SW which used to be 12.97 is now 13.97 (in stock). This is the fist time seeing these new prices for me -- I've bought as recently as last week. Anyone else noticed similar increases?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links