TX and the southwest, are YOU ready!!!

This is a discussion on TX and the southwest, are YOU ready!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Texas and other border states I hope you are ready! Mexico is legalizing small amounts of drugs. For you and me this means tons of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TX and the southwest, are YOU ready!!!

TX and the southwest, are YOU ready!!!

Texas and other border states I hope you are ready! Mexico is legalizing small amounts of drugs. For you and me this means tons of druggies are probably going to migrate down here and sit in our towns. I'm guessing they will go get high until their money runs out then come back here and pray on us. So I hope we are all carrying!

Mexico tried this a few years ago but the Bush admin said, oh no you are crazy. Do that and we will spank you. But the Drug war between the Mexican gangs is so out of control they are desperate now. Over in our sister city across the boarder, Juarez, it use to be about 8 people were being executed a week, now it is six people a day. And the killings and kidnappings are bleeding over to this side.

I know the poor people and new American that actually come here and work hard will be hit first as they are more accessible due to having housing right on this side of the Border. But it wont be long before desperate drugies will be begging at the traffic lights and stealing from us in our target and grocery store parking lots.

I don't know about you but I'm buying my Mom a gun and getting her into a class, asap.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Can we get a reference to Mexicos change please?
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

But it wont be long before desperate drugies will be begging at the traffic lights and stealing from us in our target and grocery store parking lots.
    I don't imagine upstanding people will put up with much of the "in your face" category of crimes. Leastwise, not in TX. The border town, though, is about to become nastier by the day.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

That's really not a big deal,whats going to be a huge problem is all the kids on spring break going into Mexico and trying drugs because small amounts are legal now,then getting addicted and coming back with that drug addiction.
    And then trying to smuggle any amount across the Border which is a Federal Felony
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    And then trying to smuggle any amount across the Border which is a Federal Felony
    And we will take your horse!
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    That's really not a big deal,whats going to be a huge problem is all the kids on spring break going into Mexico and trying drugs because small amounts are legal now,then getting addicted and coming back with that drug addiction.
    That's true, didn't think of that.

Hmm yes, repossessed horse auctions! I'm there!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    And we will take your horse!

yep, its coming
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

AS a lifelong Texan, I can tell you they are already here, and have been since the 1970s.....

I don't think Mexico legalizing small amounts of marijuana is going make any difference....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    AS a lifelong Texan, I can tell you they are already here, and have been since the 1970s.....

I don't think Mexico legalizing small amounts of marijuana is going make any difference....
    I agree.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    Yup
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    It's a fallen world my friends.......
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Who's buying all these drugs? That's the way to stop the problems...

The big problem is when they get the railroad line outta Mexico up the I-35 corridor set up.

When they closed Richards-Gubauer Air Base on the edge of Grandview, MO. back in the late 1980's it became a Civil airport. The City of Kansas City lost a lot of money and it was finally closed as an airport in 1998.

Now it is to be converted to a major railroad hub coming out of Mexico into the midwest and then on up into Canada as part of NAFTA.

When all the facilities are finally complete and the rail line is up and running they will be shipping over 250,000 cargo containers out of Mexico, totally unimpeded and non stop until they reach Grandview, Mo. They call it a "Smart Port!"

I wonder how much drugs and illegals are going to gain entry via that corridor? Non Stop from Mexico to Kansas City... Be real! It's gonna be a whole new era of drugs and illegals coming in!

When this was passed all of LEO in about 20 surrounding counties all just grunted and swallowed hard with a loud groan. Citizens fought vigorously against the rail road line, but in the end, Kansas City, big money and NAFTA won out!

From Wikipedia:
    Between 1983 and 1997 the city of Kansas City lost $18 million operating the airport and in 1998, the Federal Aviation Authority approved a plan to close the airport. In 2001 the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the decision to close the airport in a suit brought by Friends of Richards-Gebauer Airport of Grandview, Missouri.

The former airport is now used as the Kansas City SmartPort for Kansas City Southern Railroad to ship cargo to and from Mexico. Several businesses, in major agreement with the City of Kansas City and the State of Missouri, are removing the old runway and facilities and building a large truck-to-rail freight center, with above-ground and underground storage. The CenterPoint-Kansas City Southern Intermodal Center will cover 1,340 acres of rail and industrial space. Phase I of the project will include 4.5 million square feet of covered industrial warehouses and distribution centers. Developer CenterPoint Properties of Chicago bought the property from the Port Authority of Kansas City, which still owns 100 acres and with Hunt Midwest Enterprises, Inc., will mine limestone and create underground storage spaces. Major transportation companies include Kansas City Southern railway and Schneider National, Inc., a truck line. Kansas City Southern's main line runs from the intermodal center at Richards-Gebauer all the way to a deep-sea Pacific port at Lazaro Cardenas, Mexico. The first phase is expected to cost $250M and when complete will be able to handle up to 250,000 shipping containers per year.

Richards-Gebauer AFB was a very nice well kept facility with modern updates including new Base Exchange prior to 1976. The golf course had been expanded and was top grade. The base even had a saddle club that included the best arena in the southern KC area. The RG Saddle Club was host to many horse shows and events including the Golden Circle Horse Show circuit. With a youth center and even an airman's club the base had a lot to offer to the active duty personnel their families and the retired that lived in the area. Today the facility is essentially abandoned, with the buildings and flightline in a deteriorating state.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links