New GLOCK Certified Armorer

New GLOCK Certified Armorer

This is a discussion on New GLOCK Certified Armorer within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, as some of may recall, I recently was interested in learning more about my GLOCK's. There was an Armorer's Course nearby last month and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New GLOCK Certified Armorer

VIP Member

Thumbs up New GLOCK Certified Armorer

Well, as some of may recall, I recently was interested in learning more about my GLOCK's. There was an Armorer's Course nearby last month and I decided to attend. I don't regret it in the least!

It was held in a very hot, stuffy room with about forty large, sweaty LEO types and a few of us lesser mortals (dealers and GSSF). I can not say that it was a pleasant experience in the way of comfort, but I did learn a lot.

Most of the basics anyone who has owned a GLOCK more that a week knows already, but what I found interesting was all of the side information the instructor provided as we went along. The reasons for certain aspects of the firearm and insights into combat shooting (w/ GLOCK's). Also of interest was learning the PROPER cleaning and maintenance of these fine firearms. I bet at least a few of you did not know that GLOCK's are designed to function almost devoid of lubrication - except in key locations and in very limited amounts.

It was basically eight hours of detail stripping and re-assembly, or what some of you would call just another Friday night!

After all of that was a written test that was easy for anyone who had been awake for the previous seven hours. And today I have received my official Certificate in the mail.

The question is would I do it again? I am not a dealer, nor am I responsible for a large armory (working on it though!). I just wanted to get the information from the source. There are other resources out there and the expense was probably more than I needed to spend, but there is a kind of certainty that you only get from "official" training.

Yes, knowing what I know now, I would recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity.

Alright, I said I would let you all know how it went, so I did.

Thanks.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Congratulations on the Certification.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

That's awesome! I'd like to do one myself. Then I'd be certified for something other than what my doctors recommend. Just kidding. If you get a deep discount from the source on OEM parts, please let me know. Resources are good.

I have went thru this myself....it is worth the money.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Congrats!!!! :)
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

RMS
    Congratulations!!!

Well done!!
    Ain't no fun when the rabbit has a gun!

Congratulations, I have actually thought of doing this myself but I haven't been able to find a course near my home town.
    Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed. -Winston Churchill-

congrats!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Well, as some of may recall, I recently was interested in learning more about my GLOCK's. There was an Armorer's Course nearby last month and I decided to attend. I don't regret it in the least!

It was held in a very hot, stuffy room with about forty large, sweaty LEO types and a few of us lesser mortals (dealers and GSSF). I can not say that it was a pleasant experience in the way of comfort, but I did learn a lot.

Most of the basics anyone who has owned a GLOCK more that a week knows already, but what I found interesting was all of the side information the instructor provided as we went along. The reasons for certain aspects of the firearm and insights into combat shooting (w/ GLOCK's). Also of interest was learning the PROPER cleaning and maintenance of these fine firearms. I bet at least a few of you did not know that GLOCK's are designed to function almost devoid of lubrication - except in key locations and in very limited amounts.

It was basically eight hours of detail stripping and re-assembly, or what some of you would call just another Friday night!

After all of that was a written test that was easy for anyone who had been awake for the previous seven hours. And today I have received my official Certificate in the mail.

The question is would I do it again? I am not a dealer, nor am I responsible for a large armory (working on it though!). I just wanted to get the information from the source. There are other resources out there and the expense was probably more than I needed to spend, but there is a kind of certainty that you only get from "official" training.

Yes, knowing what I know now, I would recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity.

Alright, I said I would let you all know how it went, so I did.

Thanks.
    I think knowledge of something you want to learn about is is worthy. I commend you for taking this seminar.

I hope you also got coffee and donuts at least.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Congrats.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Learning anything new is always worth it.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    forty sweaty LEO's...Yuk

But thumbs up for getting trained.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

So non-leos cant take the course as well? Interesting.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    So non-leos cant take the course as well? Interesting.
    LEO, military, dealers & GSSF (me) are the only ones they train. GSSF is an easy way in and a good deal by itself.

Thanks to everybody for the comments.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links