Fort Bragg Area

Fort Bragg Area

This is a discussion on Fort Bragg Area within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just PCS to the Fort Bragg area. looking for a good gun store around raeford and fayetteville. looked at jims gun jobbery just wanted to ...

Thread: Fort Bragg Area

Fort Bragg Area

Just PCS to the Fort Bragg area. looking for a good gun store around raeford and fayetteville. looked at jims gun jobbery just wanted to know if there was any other places.
    thanks,
    j

OMG, you have a good chance to make some spare change by being transferred here.

Quick, go buy some 1911 FRAMES from STI and Caspian and bring them with you. Register them with the DOJ when you get here ($19 each). Then SELL THEM to those of us who crave such things but can't get them in California because of them not being on the approved handgun list.

STI/Caspian frames are about as easily found in California as a real Phoenix.

Be careful in selling them all at once because if you sell too many then you could be considered to be an unlicensed firearms dealer. However, you can sell several each year with no problems.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    OMG, you have a good chance to make some spare change by being transferred here.

Quick, go buy some 1911 FRAMES from STI and Caspian and bring them with you. Register them with the DOJ when you get here ($19 each). Then SELL THEM to those of us who crave such things but can't get them in California because of them not being on the approved handgun list.

STI/Caspian frames are about as easily found in California as a real Phoenix.

Be careful in selling them all at once because if you sell too many then you could be considered to be an unlicensed firearms dealer. However, you can sell several each year with no problems.
    Not sure how being transferred to Ft Bragg will help in California, since it is located in NC.

VIP Member
    Jman, can't be of any help to you in your quest, has been many years since I was in the FayettNam...I mean Fayetteville area. We do have several members here that are located in the area though, and I'm sure they will chime in with advise on places to look.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Not sure how being transferred to Ft Bragg will help in California, since it is located in NC.
    Sorry, my mistake. However, in my defense it seems as though there is a Ft Bragg in both California AND North Carolina.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    Sorry, my mistake. However, in my defense it seems as though there is a Ft Bragg in both California AND North Carolina.
    Ft. Bragg CA is a city, Ft. Bragg NC is a military installation and home of SOCOM.

I doubt anyone would be transferred to Ft. Bragg CA on PCS (permanent change of station).

You have Phase V Supply on Reily Rd.

Good people tell Chris (the Owner) that Chris recommended you.

There's Shooter's out on Bragg Blvd. Tell them that Norm from 21st Tactical on Yadkin Rd sent you.

There's Cumberland Pawn on Bragg Blvd. Tell them you were refered by P.J.s son.

21st Tactical is still working on getting their FFL, but should be good soon, They also have alot of good gear and training. (See Bill or Norm tell them Chris recommended them to you.)

There's also a place out on Rt 1, can't recall the name, but alot of the SF guys out in the Raeford area go there.

Hope this helps.

I just left Bragg due to retirement. I spent a good many of my 23 years thee between 82d and SOCOM.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

ok i will check them out thanks

And stay off Hay Street...all the good looking women are men.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Fuquay Varina has an excellent gun store. Fuquay GUn and Gold.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

jman, Jims has probably the best selection for the bragg/fayetteville area. there prices arent too bad either. another one to check out is guns plus in spring lake.

pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by Derek8404 View Post
    jman, Jims has probably the best selection for the bragg/fayetteville area. there prices arent too bad either. another one to check out is guns plus in spring lake.

pm sent
    Guns plus are a bunch of hacks! I went in there to buy my G22 and instead of showing me what I wanted they tried to force me to get a CZ PO1.

Left there totally disappointed in that establishment.

Jim's is good, I had a problem with them over 10 years ago, but after awhile and talking to Jim after returning to Bragg for yet another tour, things were set straight.

Like I said earlier Phase V Supply are new, but they are good. And hopefully soon 21st Tactical will have their FFL. Shooters on Bragg Blvd and Cumberland Pawn on Bragg Blvd are alo good area's.

I still can't recall the name of the gun store out on RT 1 in Raeford. I'm guessing at Ed's, but not 100%.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

If you go out the main gate by the older PX, take a left at the stop light. There should be a shop with an indoor range down the road a few miles. Great folks and have a rental counter for the range. At least they did back in 2004 when I was there.

Thanks for all the help.
    went to phase v and they had a very nice selection and very professional. Found a nice bushmaster for a way better price then at jims. Most likely it is going to the one that I am going to get. Thank you everyone for all the advice. I think that phase v is going to be my main gun store for down here in the fort bragg area.

Links