Ammo question

This is a discussion on Ammo question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is the Winchester White Box any good? 45 ACP Winchester 45 ACP 1000 Rounds 230 Grain FMJ 45ACP : Pistol Ammo at GunBroker.com...

Thread: Ammo question

Ammo question

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

2. Remove Ads

WWB is fine for practice/plinking. The buy it now price on that auction is on the high side though. I bought some a week ago for about $31/100.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I shoot them all the time when I can get it at Walmart. It's my preferred factory loaded round for practice. The brass is good for reloading too. It's a little dirty but alot cleaner than some of the others out there.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Okay, anyone have any cheaper places to get it? I'll need it in November for Front Sight. I'll need about 1000 rounds.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

cmb
    i agree with both they are good rounds, new brass you can hang on to, and go for 30-32 per 100 at walmart. You can also try cabelas, can get it there for about 40-41 cents a round. I usually just hold out, till it rotates back in, but when you need it. I am waiting for ammoman to get some back in, brass cased, they have wolf but I am not real fond of that stuff.
    you could try natchezss.com, they usually have something in stock similar to cabelas still around 45 cents.

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    I shoot them all the time when I can get it at Walmart. It's my preferred factory loaded round for practice. The brass is good for reloading too. It's a little dirty but alot cleaner than some of the others out there.
    +1 I like it!
    [One Nation Under God]

It's my favorite range ammo as well. Fires everytime.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Thanks for all the replies! If you have any more options, please let me know. I am encouraged that this is a good ammo.

Patrick Henry

What about CCI Blazer?
    CCI Blazer 45 ACP 230 gr FMJ Ammunition 50/box - Natchez Shooters Supplies
    Or Wolf? I have shot this through my Taurus PT145 with no issues. No FTF, FTE, etc. I have noticed split cases on the ejected rounds, but no issues as far as shooting it went.

Thanks, I am new to hand guns, all of my experience is in rifles.

Patrick Henry

WWB 45acp works fine for me out of my SIG P220. I posted some time ago on a possible issue I came across at the range after opening a new box of this, and you may find it with a search. It had to do with box glue dripped onto the cases, which in my opinion could have caused some problems if I had not noticed. So keep a sharp eye out to avoid it, but the ammo itself has always been good through my SIG. I'll buy it every chance I get.

Ammo Question?

CCI Blazer has lots of muzzle flash in .45 and 9MM compared to my reloads and Social Ammo from Cor-Bon. WWB is a very good round for practice and the Brass is very good quality.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Blazer is fine, so long as you don't reload. I've run it in 9mm, 40S&W and 45ACP with no problems.

WWB 45 acp works great for me, never had a misfire... It's all i use. RAM ROD thanks for the info, i will be checking from here on out..

Links