Wal Mart ammo prices went up!

This is a discussion on Wal Mart ammo prices went up! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; That's right.......my local WM last night had plenty of 40S&W in the 50ct Federal. Past week and since the first of the year, it's been ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wal Mart ammo prices went up!

Wal Mart ammo prices went up!

That's right.......my local WM last night had plenty of 40S&W in the 50ct Federal. Past week and since the first of the year, it's been $12.47 per box. Well, now it's $13.97. Up $1.50 per box. I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later, and here it is. Still cheaper than anywhere else....when they have it. So don't be surprised when you're out and about this weekend and happen to stop into your local WM.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Up $1.50 beats the heck outta up150%!

Like you said it is still cheaper than anywhere else.

Thanks for the heads-up.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I noticed that increase this past week on Federal ammo. I would assume it also increased on the Blazer ammo but not sure. Both were marked at the same price two weeks ago.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    That's right.......my local WM last night had plenty of 40S&W in the 50ct Federal. Past week and since the first of the year, it's been $12.47 per box. Well, now it's $13.97. Up $1.50 per box. I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later, and here it is. Still cheaper than anywhere else....when they have it. So don't be surprised when you're out and about this weekend and happen to stop into your local WM.
    It seems the .40 is all I find at WalMart lately. Once in a while I get there when they have some 9mm, but if and when they have any .44 or .45 you don't want to see the price
    And don't be silly enough to ask for .38 or .357, they just look at you like they are wondering what planet you came from.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

It seems.....

that I still ,after months of return trips to w/m, cannot find any 45acp at any price.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

EW3
    It's still better than the $20-$40 per box of 50 cheapo Independence and Wolf stuff I saw at a gun show last night!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Man, I'm glad I'm all stocked up. How's that $8.97 9mm Blazer looking? I haven't seen any in a while. Have they raised that too?

At least some of you folks are fortunate enough that your local Wal-Mart occasionally has some pistol ammo to offer. For months now my local WM has only had shotgun, and some rifle ammo to offer. Of course I only make about one trip a week so I may just be hitting the store after the last shipment has sold out.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have noticed the same exact price changes here aas well. Like everyone else, its still cheaper then anywhere else.
    Jamie

VIP Member
    Yeah I bought two boxes of federal .40sw a week ago for the same price.

If the hoarding ever stops and demand starts falling behind supply, you may see it come down. That's a big may. Who would have ever thought the supply was be this bad this far out. I'm starting to wonder if maybe there isn't some conspiracy thing going on. Oh, wait a minute. I'm not paranoid.

$13+ box isn't so bad.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by MP45Man View Post
    If the hoarding ever stops and demand starts falling behind supply, you may see it come down. That's a big may. Who would have ever thought the supply was be this bad this far out. I'm starting to wonder if maybe there isn't some conspiracy thing going on. Oh, wait a minute. I'm not paranoid.
    I think we have a long way to go before the hording stops and production catches up. Once the hording stops others who have not been able to find ammo for a long period will start to restock keeping the shelves low for a while.

Ramrod, that's still not a bad price for .40 S&W.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by carry ok View Post
    that I still ,after months of return trips to w/m, cannot find any 45acp at any price.
    I find the Remington UMC .45 230grn stuff at Dicks Sporting goods here in Northern VA every now and then. If you have one of those around you might want to check them out. It isn't cheap though. Seems to be running around $20 a box.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Have you guys ever contemplated that things will always be this way, and that ammo will be scarce forever? I figure Obama gets us two ways, one there is no ammo, two there is so little of it that no one practices, and can't hit the broad side of a barn! haha
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links