Who is in a firearms-related business?

This is a discussion on Who is in a firearms-related business? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know we got a few holster makers here... do we have retailers, armorers, instructors, or other firearms-related businesses represented here...?...

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar

I know we got a few holster makers here... do we have retailers, armorers, instructors, or other firearms-related businesses represented here...?

"Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    The quality posts on DC make me think many are subject matter experts employed in the business.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Retailer here.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Im the head web developer for one of my countries best known firearms dealers.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Evil prevails when good men stand by and do nothing
    --------------------------------------------------------------

I work for the U.S. Department of Defense -- we have a few firearms.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Very slightly related, but part of my custom embroidery business does relate to firearms.
    Mainly items with clever slogans or shirts and patches for gun club members, fun work when it comes along.
    Automotive related designs and patriotic or political items are always my best sellers.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Federal Law Enforcement Training Center trained Firearms Instructor, Beretta factory trained Armorer, former NRA Security Firearms Instructor (formerly approved by Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services; let certification lapse).

Administrator
    LE trainer, field rep for a certain brand that will remain anonymous, factory armorer for Sig, Glock, Remington LE and Taser. Sometimes a retailer too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Paramedic, does that count? It's sorta firearms related!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

* I'm founder and CEO of a company that works with firearm industry manufacturers and distributors, amongst other niche industrys, in assisting them with federal and state procurement efforts and initiatives.

* I am associated in my personal/non-professional life to Smith & Wesson as a firearms instructor & educator toward company events.
    I worked such an event all day yesterday as SO toward running their newly released M&P15-22 at an annual employees only product demonstration event.

* Recruited as member of S&W's 'Basic Hunter Education' team of 13 S&W Co. employee volunteer instructors.
    We teach courses through out and under the auspices of MA and NH state fish and wildlife/game agencies, in addition to that of Thompson Center (NH). One of the teams member instructors is a VP with Ruger. I'm the only member who is not nor ever has been a S&W employee.

* Recruited as a multiple discipline volunteer instructor amongst a team of 10 USFWS educators.
    I'm the only instructor who is not nor ever has been a USFWS employee or wildlife biologist.
    My area of focus includes firearms handling & safety and laws as well as hunter ethics components amongst Basic Hunter Education.
    I cover all firearms including handguns, rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloader & blackpowder.
    Additionally I am a trained and certified instructor in Basic Orienteering ('Map, Compass, and Survival') and Trapper Education (trained by the USFWS) dually as an employee by the MA Dept. of Fish & Wildlife and the NH Dept.of Fish & Game.

* Instructor member of the International Hunter Education Association (IHEA)

* IDPA safety officer

* In my personal life I began this summer offering one on one instructional training, with a MA state police LEO being my first client student.
    As a result he maxed his quals at 36 of 36 which we both are very jazzed about, considering he came up from an average score of 28 for over a decade.

As an adjunct to my work via S&W I plan to complete multiple NRA instructor level training courses this winter, including an Emergency Medicine/First Responder triage coursework as taught by a paramedic and former combat medic (Vietnam).

- Janq
    Last edited by Janq; September 21st, 2009 at 06:14 PM.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I work on and off at a gun store as school allows.
    Kimber Pro Carry II
    SIG Sauer P229, 238, Mosquito
    Beretta 92FS
    Custom STI 1911
    Glock 17 Gen 3
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

I'm in the process of opening a smith shop north of Waco. I should have FFL in hand about the same time I finish the shop and show area.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Waco... Nugent country... been there several times. Ted has a little shop near the livestock yard just up the road...

And why am I not surprised that Janq's exceptional posts are backed up by an equally impressive resume...?

There really is a very wide swath of talent and expertise here at DeeCee, in so many fields. From M-1's to Macs to Mustangs to Mothers in Law...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

I "work" at a gunshop and indoor range part time. Factory armorer for a few brands. Occasional instructor. I've trained with and apprenticed under some very skilled shooters and gunsmiths. I've just designed my first Form 1 suppressor.

Paramedic in real life, full time. I was at the Gun and Knife Club station for a few years, now I'm at the station behind the prison along the highway. A different kind of trauma.

Some people might call my job retail/wholesale sales. I prefer to think of myself as one citizen working to arm America.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Links